Te Papapa Railway Station
|Auckland Transport Urban rail|
Te Papapa station
|Owned by||Auckland Transport|
Te Papapa Railway Station is on the Onehunga Branch section of the Onehunga Line, one of the lines of the Auckland railway network in New Zealand. It has a side platform layout and is reached from Mays Rd.
The Onehunga Branch line was opened in December 1873, and a station was first opened at Te Papapa in April 1877. The branch line was closed in 1973 and reopened 37 years later with the ceremonial opening of Onehunga Line services on 18 September 2010.
Te Papapa station was reopened on 18 September 2010 and fare-paying services began again on 19 September 2010.
- Onehunga Branch
- Public transport in Auckland
- Transport in Auckland
- List of Auckland railway stations
- "OPENING OF THE ONEHUNGA RAILWAY. (New Zealand Herald, 22 December 1873)". paperspast.natlib.govt.nz. National Library of New Zealand. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- Rail Heritage Trust of New Zealand
- "People turn out to show car not the only way to travel". The New Zealand Herald. 19 September 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
|This article about a railway station in New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|