|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
Emily Meyer |
Number of employees
Tea Collection is a globally-inspired, San Francisco-based children's clothing company co-founded in 2002 by Emily Meyer and Leigh Rawdon. The clothing line is available through their e-commerce website as well as department stores and clothing boutiques worldwide.
Tea Collection was co-founded in 2002 by Emily Meyer and Leigh Rawdon through funding from angel investors. The inspiration came after a trip Meyer took to Brussels, Belgium. "I found was pink bunny-themed clothing. I wanted something more sophisticated and modern. (No offense to pink bunnies.) That experience inspired me to envision a brand that celebrates the beauty of world cultures through fashion and lifestyle products. I called it Tea, because tea the drink is something shared by all cultures. It evokes warmth, wisdom, and timelessness—values that I wanted for the collection."
Since 2012, the company has had a 24 percent compound annual growth rate and seen its headcount more than triple. Revenue in 2014 was more than $40 million, nearly a $10 million increase from the year before.
Tea Collection supports The Global Fund for Children and their mission of advancing the dignity of children and youth around the world. Tea's support takes many forms - Each year, two exclusive pajama sets are designed and all proceeds are donated directly back to the GFC. Tea also holds regular Give Back events during which they donate a portion of all online sales to the organization. in addition to funding a photography fellowship in 2010.
Awards and Recognitions
Co-founder Leigh Rawdon received the Visa Technology Award from the San Francisco Small Business Network in May 2010.
- "Small to Big: Tea Collection's Worldly Clothing for Kids - Bloomberg Business". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- "Tea Company Overview". businessweek.com. 2010. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- "ONE Badass Mom: Emily Meyer of Tea Collection puts a global spin on kids' clothes". one.org. 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Founders of Tea Collection forge global connections through fabric - Bizwomen". bizjournals.com. 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Tea Collection Website". teacollection.com. Retrieved 2015-08-04.
- "Global Fund for Children Global media Ventures". globalfundforchildren.org. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- "2010 SBN Awards". sfsbn.org. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "Inc. 500 – 5000 Company Profile". inc.com. Retrieved 2011-04-24.