Tea Gardens, New South Wales
New South Wales
|Population||2,434 (2011 census)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10)|
|• Summer (DST)||AEDT (UTC+11)|
|Region||Hunter/Mid North Coast|
|State electorate(s)||Port Stephens|
Tea Gardens is a locality in the Mid-Coast Council local government area, located near the southern extremity of the Mid North Coast and the northern extremity of the Hunter Region in New South Wales, Australia.
Tea Gardens extends along the west bank of the Myall River from Port Stephens about 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) in a north-north-easterly direction. In the west it reaches the Pacific Highway. The village of Tea Gardens is located at the southernmost end of the locality, on the northern shore of Port Stephens on the west bank of the Myall River, which connects the Myall Lakes to the port. It is located directly across the river from Hawks Nest and the two lane Singing Bridge connects the two. Tea Gardens is located almost 220 km (137 mi) north of Sydney, about 10 km (6.2 mi) southeast of the Pacific Highway on the southern end of the Ramsar Convention listed wetlands of the Myall Lakes.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Tea Gardens (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Tea Gardens (locality)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Tea Gardens (town)". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Port Stephens". New South Wales Electoral Commission. 2007-03-24. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "Paterson". Australian Electoral Commission. 2007-10-19. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Tea Gardens". Land and Property Management Authority - Spatial Information eXchange. New South Wales Land and Property Information. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Suburb Search - Local Council Boundaries - Hunter (HT)". New South Wales Division of Local Government. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Nelson Bay (Nelson Head)". Climate statistics for Australian locations. Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- 1:100000 map 9332 Port Stephens