Subsidiary of IBMDivision of Digital Analytics
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA, USA|
|Robert Wenig (founder, CTO), Michael Mayne (CFO) |
|Products||IBM Tealeaf cxImpact
IBM Tealeaf cxView
IBM Tealeaf cxOverstat
IBM Tealeaf cxReveal
IBM Tealeaf cxVerify
IBM Tealeaf cxMobile
IBM Tealeaf cxConnect
Tealeaf's products are used to provide visibility into the online customer experience by capturing, analyzing and replaying details of customers' visits to find site errors or issues and understand the impact that transaction failures have on business processes.
Tealeaf was founded by Robert Wenig, Randi Barshack, and Igor Tsyganskiy in November 1999 as an independent spin-off of SAP AG. In developing web-based software for SAP, Wenig found it very difficult to reproduce problems reported by users. He came up with the idea that web sites could have a "black box" similar to an airplane cockpit voice recorder to understand what happened in any user visit. He developed software to record all the dynamically generated HTML at the network level and store it for later searching and visual replay. While the technology was originally created to assist software developers the technology has since been adapted for use by business users, call centers and legal compliance groups within organizations.
On May 1, 2012 Tealeaf signed an agreement to be acquired by IBM. Terms were not disclosed. The deal was closed on June 13 2012. 
Tealeaf is now a key component of IBM's customer analytics portfolio which also includes heritage Coremetrics  web analytics technologies. In late 2014 IBM introduced a SaaS-based version of Tealeaf as a complement to its on premise deployment model. 
- "If you're nice, maybe you can snag a seat next to Santa". The Washington Post. December 13, 2009. p. F2.
- Cindy Waxer (November 23, 2009). "Bluefly's Bug Zapper". CIO Magazine.
- "TeaLeaf Technology to Raise the Bar on Understanding The Effectiveness of Complex Web Sites". PR Newswire. May 8, 2000.
- http://www.cio.com/article/31165/TeaLeaf_Technology_Tools_Lets_You_See_Your_Website_As_Your_Audience_Does, CIO, June 15, 2002
- http://www.computerworld.com/newsletter/0,4902,90445,00.html?nlid=APP, ComputerWorld, February 26, 2004
- "IBM Completes Acquisition of Tealeaf Technology". IBM. June 13, 2012.