TeamTalk 5 client application on Windows
|Initial release||April 2003|
5.3.3 / November 15, 2018
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, OS X, iOS, Android|
The TeamTalk conferencing system consists of a server and client application. Users are required to set up their own TeamTalk server before they can use the system. The TeamTalk server is available for Mac OS X, Windows and the widely used Linux distributions CentOS, Debian and Raspbian. The TeamTalk client application supports the same platforms as the server and additionally supports mobile platforms iOS and Android.
The majority of TeamTalk users are visually impaired who use a screen reader for navigating in the user interface. To be as accessible as possible the TeamTalk client applications strive to only use standard window controls which can be detected by the screen reader.
The TeamTalk client applications are being developed on the GitHub project TeamTalk5. The TeamTalk server is proprietary and its source code is therefore not available publicly.
TeamTalk is a freeware application and is available for download on popular software sites. By its license, it can be run on any number of servers or clients, or redistributed without charge. Developers wanting to write applications for TeamTalk must however buy a license.
- "TeamTalk 5 supported platforms". BearWare.dk.
- Bjoern Rasmussen (18 February 2016). "TeamTalk 5". App Store.
- "TeamTalk 5 C-API DLL: Audio and Video Codecs". BearWare.dk. 29 February 2016.
- Tamas Geczy. "TeamTalk for iOS is here, bringing clarity to voice communication". Cool Blind Tech.
- Chetan Bakhru (18 February 2016). "TeamTalk 5". Blind Planet.
- J.J. Meddaugh (23 February 2016). "Popular TeamTalk Voice Chat Client Comes to iOS".
- Doug Lee. "JAWS Scripts For TeamTalk 4 and 5 Classic".
- Doug Lee. "TeamTalk Classic NVDA Addon".
- Alexandra Panaete (17 February 2016). "TeamTalk". Softpedia.com.
- "TeamTalk 5 Freeware License". BearWare.dk.
- "TeamTalk 5 SDK License". BearWare.dk.