|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
|Subsidiary of Konami|
Silent Hill series
Team Silent was a development group within Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo (KCET), responsible for the first four games in the Silent Hill franchise by Konami released from 1999 to 2004, with later titles developed by external Western companies such as Climax Studios and Double Helix Games. According to composer Akira Yamaoka, Team Silent consisted of staff members that had failed at other projects and originally intended to leave the company before the first Silent Hill game turned out to be a success. According to a Silent Hill Homecoming artist, Team Silent was ultimately disbanded by Konami itself, because Konami wanted Western developers to make the games. KCET was merged into the parent company Konami in April 2005.
Key members of Team Silent include:
- Keiichiro Toyama: Director of Silent Hill. Left to join SCE Japan Studio in 1999 and create the Siren series of games.
- Masashi Tsuboyama: Director of Silent Hill 2, art director of Silent Hill 4
- Kazuhide Nakazawa: Director of Silent Hill 3. He later joined Kojima Productions.
- Suguru Murakoshi: Drama director of Silent Hill 2, director and scenario writer of Silent Hill 4. He later joined Kojima Productions.
- Hiroyuki Owaku: Scenario writer of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3, co-writer for Silent Hill
- Masahiro Ito: Background and creature designer of Silent Hill, art director and creature designer of Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3
- Akira Yamaoka: Series sound director; producer of Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill 4. Left Konami to join Grasshopper Manufacture
- Gozo Kitao: Executive producer of Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3
- Akihiro Imamura: Producer of Silent Hill 2, sub-producer of Silent Hill 4
- Takayoshi Sato: CGI Creator of Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2. Left to join Virtual Heroes, Inc..
Akira Yamaoka played a major role in the Silent Hill film adaptation by overseeing and approving specific aspects of the movie throughout its production. Team Silent members are now working on separate projects. Some of the original members (as led by Toyama, director of the first Silent Hill game) went on to create the Siren series, which has a similar atmosphere to the Silent Hill franchise.
- "E3 2001: Silent Hill 2 Interview". IGN.com. IGN Entertainment, Inc. May 17, 2001. Retrieved December 26, 2010.
- "IGN Top 100 Games 2007: 97 Silent Hill 2". IGN.com. IGN Entertainment, Inc. 2007. Retrieved December 26, 2010.
- "Silent Hill: Så skapade Konami skräckhistoria". Level (in Swedish) (Reset Media AB) (23). March 2008.
- "Notification of Business Conducted at the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders" (PDF). Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. February 22, 2005. Retrieved December 26, 2010.
- Ito, Masahiro (June 14, 2010). "Nobu bbs: scenario writers". GMO Media, Inc. Archived from the original on August 16, 2010. Retrieved June 14, 2010.
|This Japanese video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|