Tears Don't Fall
|"Tears Don't Fall"|
|Single by Bullet for My Valentine|
|from the album The Poison|
|A-side||"Tears Don't Fall"|
|Released||17 June 2006|
|Format||CD, 7" vinyl, digital single, EP|
|Length||5:48 (Album version)
4:40 (Single version)
|Label||Trustkill, Visible Noise|
|Songwriter(s)||Don Gilmore, Matthew Tuck, Michael Paget, Michael Thomas, Jason James|
|Bullet for My Valentine singles chronology|
"Tears Don't Fall" is a song by the Welsh band Bullet for My Valentine. It is the band's fourth single from their first full-length studio album, The Poison. The single was released on 17 June 2006 through Trustkill Records in the US. The song won the Kerrang! Award for Best Single. The song peaked at No. 24 on The Hot Mainstream Rock Charts and No. 32 on the Top Modern Rock Charts. In 2013 the band released a sequel to the song called "Tears Don't Fall (Part 2)" on their 4th studio album Temper Temper.
The music video, directed by Tony Petrossian, shows the band playing in a place with heavy rain. The story of the video shows a woman and the man, who are seen doing romantic things with each other but when the woman (Taylor Cole) tries to continue the following day, the man won't let her as he seems to be tired of her. After a while of driving, the car loses fuel. After refueling the car, the woman tries to get close to the man and causes him to drop the barrel of fuel. He pushes her away, but the barrel has emptied, with the fuel spilled onto the ground. The man then gets in the car and drives away, leaving the girl running after the car. The man stops at a hotel, goes in and finds a blonde woman to replace the previous woman he left behind. The previous woman finally manages to walk to where the man is staying. She then enters the hotel room and drenches the man and the blond woman with the barrel he dropped earlier, which is filled with only water, acting as if it were petrol and she was to set the room and everyone within on fire. It is revealed to only be water as she drops the lighter into the liquid with no effect, where she then smiles and blows a sarcastic kiss to them.
The other video again starts with the band playing in the rain. The story shows a man and woman doing romantic things in the car with the ex-girlfriend watching them in rage and sadness. Heartbroken and in tears, the ex goes to seek help from a voodoo witch doctor who makes her go through a ritual to put her in a blinding trance of anger, before finally receiving a voodoo doll cursed to imitate the man. In rage,she starts stabbing the doll, causing the man to feel the pain, then the doll falls into a pit of fire, which caused the car to explode, killing the man and woman inside. The videos ends with the band destroying their instruments and the girl in her blinding trance.
"Tears Don't Fall" is one of Bullet for My Valentine's most popular songs and is often regarded as one of the band's greatest songs. Since the release of The Poison, it has become a staple to their live set and usually draws in the most crowd response, most notably during the bridge and guitar solo. It was featured in the band's three DVDs: The Poison: Live at Brixton, Rock am Ring 2006, and Scream Aim Fire: Live at London Alexandria. Tears Don't Fall (Part 2), a new version of the old song has been put up on the band's 4th studio album Temper Temper.
"Tears Don't Fall" was released as a single in the UK in multiple different formats: 2 CD singles and 1 7" LP single. All three formats were released on 17 July 2006 through Visible Noise Records. The individual track listings are as follows:
|Compact Disc ONE|
|1||Tears Don't Fall||4:40|
|2||Domination (Pantera cover)||5:06|
|Compact Disc TWO|
|1||Tears Don't Fall (Live at Brixton Academy)||6:12|
|2||4 Words (To Choke Upon) (Live at Brixton Academy)||3:53|
|3||Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow (What Can I Do) (Live at Brixton Academy)||4:01|
|7" Vinyl LP|
|1||Tears Don't Fall||4:40|
|2||Welcome Home (Sanitarium) (Metallica cover)||6:17|
- Online downloads
- "Tears Don't Fall" (CLA Radio Edit)
- Matthew "Matt" Tuck- lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Michael "Padge" Paget - lead guitar
- Jason "Jay" James - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Michael "Moose" Thomas - drums
- "Bullet For My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall (CD) at Discogs". Discogs.com. 17 June 2006. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Tears Don't Fall [2 Track CD] - Bullet for My Valentine | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. 17 June 2006. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Bullet for My Valentine. "Bullet for My Valentine | Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Bullet For My Valentine Biography, Discography, Music News on 100 XR - The Net's #1 Rock Station!!!". 100xr.com. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Bullet For My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Bullet For My Valentine - Tears Don't Fall PT. 1 CD Album". Cduniverse.com. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- http://www.100xr.com/artists/B/Bullet_For_My_Valentine.html. Retrieved 20 November 2012. Missing or empty