Tears on My Pillow (Johnny Nash song)
|"Tears on My Pillow"|
|from the album Tears on My Pillow|
"Tears on My Pillow" is a song by American singer Johnny Nash. Written by Ernie Smith and produced by Nash and Ken Khouri, "Tears on My Pillow" was the sole number-one single in the UK Singles Chart for Nash, spending a single week at the top of the chart in July 1975. New Zealand act The Parker Project, covered this song in 1991, reaching No. 1 on the New Zealand chart in June of that year.
The Johnny Nash version, sung in a Reggae style, featured a spoken recitation in the middle of the song.
This song is not to be confused with the Little Anthony and the Imperials hit song from 1958. The Nash version, like the Imperials song, mentions the lines: "Tears on my Pillow/ Pain in my Heart".
The Parker Project version
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||22|
- "Johnny Nash - Tears On My Pillow (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-03-27. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 315. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Parker Project - Tears On My Pillow (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-03-27. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Steffen Hung. "The Parker Project - Tears On My Pillow". Charts.nz. Retrieved 2014-03-27. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "End of Year Charts 1991". Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved December 3, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)