National Theatre of Opera and Ballet of Albania
Official Emblem of the Venue
View from the Skanderbeg Square
|Address||Palace of Culture / Skanderbeg Square
|Current use||Opera and Ballet|
The National Theatre of Opera and Ballet of Albania (Albanian: Teatri Kombetar i Operas dhe i Baletit) or TKOB is a theatre in Tirana, Albania. The National Theatre of Opera and Ballet is the largest theater in the country, and has two entities year round, music and dance.
The National Opera and Ballet Theatre was founded on November 29, 1953. It first operated within the building of the Academy of Music and Arts of Albania and subsequently transferred into the Palace of Culture of Tirana building at the center of the city of Tirana. This theater helped develop the capital's arts, which prior to that there was no place for performances. Since its inception, groups and orchestras have come from various countries in the communist bloc.
The Theatre reports to the Ministry of Culture, Youth, and Sports and is financed out of the state budget. Today, the Opera presents works by Albanian and international composers. Tickets can be purchased on-site. It employs 196 persons.
On 2016 it was announced by the Prime Minister of Albania, that the Theatre will be reconstructed. 
- List of concert halls
- Academy of Music and Arts of Albania
- Palace of Culture of Tirana
- National Gallery of Figurative Arts of Albania
- Ministry of Culture Youth and Sports. "OPERA AND BALLET THEATRE" (in Albanian). Albanian Government. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- Gillian Gloyer (17 July 2008). Albania: the Bradt Travel Guide. Bradt Travel Guides. p. 60. ISBN 978-1-84162-246-0. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
|This article about government in Albania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|