Tech Support (Beavis and Butt-Head)
|Beavis and Butt-Head episode|
Beavis and Butt-Head about to obtain porn on the computer.
|Episode no.||Season 8|
|Directed by||Mike Judge|
|Written by||Mike Judge|
|Original air date||November 3, 2011|
"Tech Support" is the fourth episode of season 8 and 204th episode overall of the American animated television series Beavis and Butt-Head. It aired alongside "Daughter's Hand" on November 3, 2011 on MTV.
Beavis and Butt-Head walk to an abandoned drive-in only to find out that it has been replaced with a computer technical support office. Butt-Head asks one of the office workers what happened to the abandoned drive-in. Thinking that they're new employees, the technical support worker named Hamid (a Middle Eastern man with a thick accent) gets Beavis and Butt-Head to sit down and work at the two vacant workstations in his cubicle. Inside the cubicle, the duo tries to browse the internet for porn while mishandling the technical support calls they get. Hamid complains to his manager about their antics. Whilst talking to Hamid, the manager thinks that the duo is doing their job correctly and encourages him to act more like them. As a result of what his manager told him, Hamid starts to imitate Beavis and Butt-Head. The duo starts out being impressed with his imitation. Eventually the duo stop finding him funny and whilst Hamid is talking to a customer who is having problems with a computer at a power plant, Butt-Head tells Hamid to tell him to "butt plug his computer". Hamid misunderstands him and instead tells him to unplug the computer. Meanwhile, Butt-Head finally obtains a porn site called "Lonely Nasty Housewives". As the girl is about to strip, the power goes out. The duo, however, thinks the computer is broken and unplugs it to get it fixed. As they walk out, two men in a truck (Ross and Harlan) see them and think that they are looting due to the power outage. Consequently they drive through the window of the building and begin looting, prompting Butt-Head to call the place cool again.
The episode was seen by 2,071,000 viewers in its initial airing.
IGN calls the plot of the episode a "great setup" and commented how Hamid trying to imitate the duo was "pretty funny". It also says the best gag is where Beavis is talking with a young woman who is a single mom. The A.V. Club graded the episode a B+, commenting that "it's frankly pretty incredible that MTV lets Judge get away with this stuff" and notes that upcoming episodes should be "even more consistently uproarious". CraveOnline comments that the episode has an "even crazier premise" than "Daughter's Hand".
- "'Beavis and Butt-Head': 7 Things to Expect From MTV's Relaunched Series". Hollywood Reporter. 2011-07-29. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- Daily Preliminary Broadcast Cable Finals Broadcast Finals (2011-11-04). "Thursday Cable: 'Beavis & Butt-Head' Falls Far, But Tops Night; 'Burn Notice' Returns Down; 'It's Always Sunny' Rises & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- R. L. Shaffer (2011-11-04). "Beavis and Butt-head: "Daughter's Hand; Tech Support" Review - TV Review at IGN". Tv.ign.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- Herzog, Kenny (2011-11-03). ""Daughter's Hand"/"Tech Support" | Beavis And Butt-Head | TV Club | TV". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- Marnell, Blair (2011-11-06). "BEAVIS AND BUTT-HEAD 8-03 & 8-04 'Daughter's Hand' & 'Tech Support'". CraveOnline. Retrieved 2011-11-11.