|Slogan||Easily digestible tech news|
|Created by||Mike Masnick|
|8,797 (April 2014[update])|
The website's "About" page describes the site as follows: "Started in 1997 by Floor64 founder Mike Masnick and then growing into a group blogging effort, the Techdirt blog uses a proven economic framework to analyze and offer insight into news stories about changes in government policy, technology and legal issues that affect companies ability to innovate and grow."
The website Masnick founded in 1997 was originally based on the weblog software Slash. Techdirt has been named among the favorite blogs of PC Magazine; and has been praised for its "sharp, pithy analysis of current tech issues." Techblog's content is based on reader submissions as well as the editorial staff's picks. The website makes use of MySQL, Apache, and PHP, and is hosted at ActionWeb.
- "Techdirt.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "About". Techdirt.com. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Heater, Brian; Griffith, Eric (December 29, 2008). "Our Favorite Blogs". PC Magazine. Retrieved December 13, 2011.
- Hof, Rob (October 11, 2006). "The Dirt on Techdirt's New Blogger Community". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved December 13, 2011.
- "About Techdirt". Techdirt. Retrieved December 13, 2011.
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|