|Type||Remote desktop software|
Techinline is a web-based service for remote support, remote control, desktop sharing, remote training, and file transfer between two computers. The service operates with the Microsoft Windows operating system. It is possible to remotely access and control a computer running Techinline with a web browser or as a stand-alone application.
The expert may reboot the remote machine and the connection will be restored automatically.
The service page can be integrated into any website, and the interface can be customized by adding a company logo, text, and fonts.
Two types of licenses are available: an unlimited subscription license or a per-session license.
- Web Based Remote PC Access, Softpedia, July 6, 2007.
- TechInline Re-Defines Web Based Remote PC Access Technology, TechChunks, June 3, 2011.
- Be Everywhere At Once With Remote Access Software, Zack Stern, PCWorld, July 5, 2009.
- Provide friends or customers with tech support via web, Elena Santos, Softonic, August 13, 2009.
- Techinline: Remote Access From Your Browser, Droidsid, callingallgeeks.org, June 23, 2011.
- 5 Remote Support Tools for Small Business, Jason Richards, freelanceswitch.com.
- Techinline: Best Remote Support Software and Teamviewer Alternative, Siddartha, gadgetcage.com, June 9, 2011.
- Techinline Releases Genuine “Drag and Drop” File Transfer For Remote Access Industry, Stewart Taylor, remote-desktopxp.com, June 17, 2011.
- Remote Tools For Your Support Team, Kevin Bolger, ITworld, October 15, 2009.
- Techinline Remote Desktop Sharing Review, geeks desk tech blog, June 2, 2009.