Technical University of Košice
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (August 2015)|
|Technická univerzita v Košiciach|
|Rector||Prof. Ing. Anton Čižmár, CSc|
|900 (educational) + 900 (site clerical)|
|Students||12,000 + 700 (postgraduate)|
Technical University of Košice (Slovak: Technická univerzita v Košiciach) is the second largest university of technology in Slovakia.
- Faculty of Mining, Ecology, Process Control and Geotechnology
- Faculty of Metallurgy
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Economics, According to official Slovak ranking (ARRA), from 2011 to 2014 Faculty of Economics TUKE is the best of Economics Faculty among all Slovak Economics Faculties (p. 28) 
- Faculty of Manufacturing Technologies
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Aeronautics
Faculty of Aeronautics
The Faculty of Aeronautics was established on February 1, 2005 by Certificate of Incorporation of rector of Technical University of Kosice. Faculty of Aeronautics became the ninth faculty of university. The creation of the Faculty of Aeronautics was the result of the merger of previous Air Force Academy of General Milan Rastislav Stefanik and the Technical University of Kosice. Faculty of Aeronautics is institution with very long history in aviation and aerospace. It is continuing institution of previous Air Force Academy of General Milan Rastislav Stefanik, Military Aviation College and Military Aviation School, which all were predecessors of the present Faculty of Aeronautics. This faculty is now fully civilian aerospace institution.
Faculty offers wide range of possibilities in study and scientific research focused on aviation, aerospace and flight training. The study and research is guaranteed by many experts and specialists, many of which were before associated with both military Air Force and civilian aviation. The study program is guaranteed in Bachelor/Master/PhD. postgraduate technical areas in aerospace.
Scientific and educational departments
At present the Faculty of Aeronautics consists of these scientific and educational departments:
- Department of Aerodynamics and Simulations (Aerodynamics, Modelling And Simulation, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computer Technologies And Programming)
- Department of Avionics (Avionics - Instrument Flight, Navigation, Radio and Radio Technical, Electrical and Special On-Board Systems, Aircraft Communication and Information Systems in Aviation)
- Department of Aviation Technical Studies (Avionics, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical and Industrial Sensors, Magnetometers and Diagnostics, Material Engineering)
- Department of Flight Training (Training of Flying Personnel and Air Traffic Controllers)
- Department of Aviation Engineering (Aeronautical Engineering - Design of Aircraft and Aircraft Engines, Airport Technical and Operational Support)
- Department of Air Transport Management (Management and Economy of Operations, Air Transport and Airport Safety)
Space technologies and astronautics
Faculty has rich tradition in space technologies and astronautics. All former Czechoslovak and then Slovak astronauts were first trained in this institution (former Air Force Academy of General Milan Rastislav Stefanik). One of the main projects in space sector is a close co-operation in project of the first Slovak cubesat skCube. At present there is possibility to focus on study and research in various areas of space technologies, but these are mainly as part of the PhD doctoral program. One of the latest space technology projects is the dissertation of "Theoretical Concept of Satellite Navigation System for Mars", named as Mars GNSS FATIMA (from acronym Fix And TIme provisioning system for MArs). One of the main specializations in space technology is also the GNSS - Global Navigation Satellite Systems.
Astronauts who studied here:
- ARRA (2013). "HODNOTENIE FAKÚLT VYSOKÝCH ŠKÔL 2012 Ranking fakúlt vysokých škôl v SR na základe porovnania ukazovateľov kvantity a kvality vzdelávania a výskumu Akademická rankingová a ratingová agentúra (ARRA) november 2012" (PDF file, direct download 1 MB). ARRA. p. 29. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
HODNOTENIE FAKÚLT VYSOKÝCH ŠKÔL 2012 Ranking fakúlt vysokých škôl v SR na základe porovnania ukazovateľov kvantity a kvality vzdelávania a výskumu Akademická rankingová a ratingová agentúra (ARRA) november 2012
|This Slovak university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|