This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Public limited company|
|Industry||Oil & Gas|
|Founded||2017; Technip (1958), FMC Technologies (2001)|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom (legal domicile / headquarters)|
|Products||Offshore, onshore & subsea Project management, engineering, procurement & construction for the energy industry|
Number of employees
TechnipFMC plc is a UK-based company that provides complete project life cycle services (conception, feasibility study, front end engineering, detailed engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, test runs, maintenance & decommissioning) for the energy industry. TechnipFMC was ranked 23rd among world's Top 225 International Design Firms in the year 2017 by Engineering News-Record. It was formed by the merger of FMC Technologies of the United States and Technip of France that was announced in 2016 and completed in 2017. TechnipFMC acts in three distinct segments: subsea, Offshore Onshore and surface projects. These projects include offshore oil and gas exploration and extraction platforms, rigs, crude oil refinery, petrochemical plants such as Ethylene, Hydrogen, SynGas plants, Naptha, Benzene etc. plastics & rubber industry, fertiliser plant, onshore as well as floating LNG plants. It is headquartered in London, and has major operations in Houston and Paris where its predecessor companies were headquartered. It has about 37,000 employees from 126 nationalities and operates in 48 countries. TechnipFMC stock is listed on the NYSE and Euronext Paris exchange, and is a component of both the US S&P 500 and the French CAC 40 major stock market indices. The French government owns 4 percent stake in the company.
TechnipFMC was formed through the merger of FMC Technologies Inc. and French oil-services Technip SA. On January 17, 2017, TechnipFMC announced that it is operating as a unified company after completion of the merger, which created a significant new player in an energy industry wracked by a nearly two-year slump in crude prices. The company has three headquarters in Houston, Paris and London. The CEO is Doug Pferdehirt and the executive chairman is Thierry Pilenko.
Technip FMC also provides consulting and technology business through two its subsidiaries PT and Genesis.
Through 2016-2017 the TechnipFMC fleet expanded with the addition of four pipe-laying vessels (PLSVs) constructed under the DOF-Technip partnership, two foreign (Skandi Açu and Skandi Buzios) and two Brazilian (Skandi Olinda and Skandi Recife). Another ship who entered operations was the Deep Explorer, one of the most advanced diving support vessels (DSV) in the world.
Technip was certified as one of the first five companies in the world as a Global Top Employer 2015 which recognizes first-class employee offerings globally and equally, so TechnipFMC holds those credentials.
- Yamal LNG, Russia
- Prelude FLNG, Australia
- Statoil Trestakk Oil Field Development, Norway
- Coral South FLNG Project, Offshore Mozambique
- Sulphate Reduction Plant, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Liza Deep Water Project,Guyana
- Kaikias Deep Water Project, Gulf of Mexico
- Sankofa Field Development, Ghana
- Riserless light Well Intervention services, Ichthys Field, Australia
- Integrated Development of Vashishta (VA) & S1 fields, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Slurry Oil Filtration System for Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit
Types of Projects
TechnipFMC has capability to execute following types of projects:
- Front end consulting for prospects
- Basic Engineering Packages
- Detailed Engineering
- Engineering, Procurement
- Engineering, Procurement & Construction
- Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management
- Project Management Consultancy
Fleet of Vessels
TechnipFMC owns and operates 21 vessels and 4 are under construction. These large vessels are used for installation of subsea oil extraction systems on the seabed. They are of four categories;
1.Flexible-lay & Construction Vessels
- Deep Orient
- Skandi Africa
- North Sea Atlantic
2.Diving & multi support Vessels
- Deep Arctic
- Deep Explorer
3.Rigid S-Lay & heavy lift Vessels
- Global 1200
- Global 1201
4.Rigid Reel-lay & J-Lay Vessels
- Apache II
- Deep Blue
- Deep Energy
- See more info at www.subsea.systems
TechnipFMC designs and manufactures Umbilical cable and flexible pipes. It has flexible pipe manufacturing plants in France, Brazil and Malaysia. It operates umbilical production facilities in UK, United States, Angola and Malaysia.TechnipFMC has started Modular Manufacturing Yard at Dahej in Gujarat state of India in 2017.
TechnipFMC has centres in various cities of the world.
Asia, Australia and Middle East
- Perth, Australia
- Shanghai, Beijing, Tianjin China
- Chennai, Noida, Mumbai,Hyderabad India
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- St. Petersburg, Russia
- Saudi Arabia
- Bangkok, Thailand
- United Arab Emirates
- Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Paris, Lyon, France
- Frankfurt, Germany
- London, AberdeenUnited Kingdom
- Calgary, St. John’s Canada
- Claremont, Irvine, Davis, California;Houston, Smithville, San Antonio, Texas; Theodore, Alabama; Boston, MA United States
- "ENR 2017 Top 225 International Design Firms 1-100". www.enr.com.
- "FMC Technologies, Technip to merge". Offshore Magazine. 2016-05-19. Retrieved 2017-05-29.
- admin (17 September 2014). "Offshore".
- admin (18 March 2016). "Onshore".
- admin (14 August 2014). "Ethylene".
- "French election set to shake up state's corporate portfolio". Reuters. 2014-04-21. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "TechnipFMC launches as newly merged offshore giant | Fuel Fix". fuelfix.com. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "PLSV Skandi Vitória and Skandi Niterói in new contracts with Petrobras". www.dof.no. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- admin (2016-11-14). "Technip introduces new diving support vessel Deep Explorer". Technip. Retrieved 2017-02-26.
- admin (2016-02-26). "Technip certified Global Top Employer for the second consecutive year". Technip. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Trestakk Oil Field - A Barrel Full". abarrelfull.wikidot.com.
- "TechnipFMC plc". www.technipfmc.com.
- <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FTechnipFMC%2Fposts%2F1374630645950903&width=500" width="500" height="558" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
- admin (16 December 2014). "Technip awarded a €100 million Onshore Oil & Gas Terminal project by ONGC in India".
- "TechnipFMC plc". www.technipfmc.com.
- admin (14 August 2014). "Vessels".
- <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FTechnipFMC%2Fvideos%2F1430205863726714%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
- admin (14 August 2014). "Manufacturing Plants".
- "TechnipFMC inaugurates India yard". www.theoilandgasyear.com.
- admin (8 September 2014). "Main Locations by Country".
- admin (8 September 2014). "Technip offices in the Asia Pacific region".
- admin (3 September 2014). "South East Asia".
- admin (3 September 2014). "Russia".
- admin (3 September 2014). "France".
- admin (3 September 2014). "Canada".
- admin (3 September 2014). "USA".
- Official website
- Business data for TechnipFMC: