Hamburg University of Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Technische Universität Hamburg
Logo of TU Hamburg
|Technische Universität Hamburg|
|Budget||€ 128.2 million|
|President||Prof. Dr. Ed Brinksma (2018)|
The Hamburg University of Technology (in German Technische Universität Hamburg, abbreviated TUHH) is a research university in Germany. The university was founded in 1978 and in 1982/83 lecturing followed. Around 100 senior lecturers/professors and 1,475 members of staff (673 scientists, including externally funded researchers) work at the TUHH. With an average of 7,800 students the TUHH offers a high ratio of staff to students.
Instead of traditional faculties, the TUHH has separate administrations for teaching and for research: research is conducted in departments, teaching is divided into schools of study. Scientists from different subjects work together in the departments. Curricula are organized by academic speciality, depending on the course of study followed.
In the year 2000, the TUHH defined the following strategic topics of research activities:
- Information as economic value
- Organization for enterprises
- Production and process integrated environmental protection
- Sustainable management of resources
- Advanced energy systems and energy management
- Sustainable urban structures
- Systems of transport and logistic
- Advanced information and communication technologies
- Advanced materials and microsystems
- Biotechnologies and biomedical engineering
Research is divided into six interdisciplinary research departments:
- Town, Environment, Technology
- Systems Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Marine Technology
- Information and Communication Technology
- Materials, Design, Manufacturing
- Processing Technology and Energy Systems
Teaching is organized in six schools of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics
- Vocational Subject Education
- Management Science and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Process and Chemical Engineering
Northern Institute of Technology Management
The Northern Institute of Technology (NIT) Management is a private educational institute located on the campus of the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) in Hamburg, Germany. It was founded in 1998 as a public-private partnership of the Hamburg University of Technology and sponsoring companies.
The NIT offers a double degree master´s program in technology management in cooperation with the Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH): Students study a Master of Science in an engineering or science program at the TUHH while studying in the MBA program at the NIT—which is also offered part-time for working professionals. Students will graduate from the NIT with an MBA or Master of Technology Management degree after completion of the courses. Besides the classical management disciplines, the MBA program includes modules from areas of classical management, self-development, innovation management, company foundation, and digitalization to familiarize students with the entrepreneurial challenges of the future: All classes are held in the English language. The faculty consists of professors and industry experts from various universities and international companies. The management program offered by the NIT is accredited by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA). After the NIT developed the content and structure of its Master's program in Technology Management in 2019, the FIBAA reaccredited the program and it may continue to bear their seal of approval.
TUHH founded the TUHH Technologie GmbH (TuTech). Since 1992 the TuTech has been responsible for technology transfer and advice, for trade fairs and further training, as well as congresses and the initiation of projects. Examples are the "Starterzentrum", the local initiation "hep", the "Gründerrat" of the TUHH as well as a course of studies for carriermanagement. Young entrepreneurs are accompanied and advised on setting up their own business. In 1994 the TUHH became a pioneer German university in the creation of modular courses and introduced a course with a bachelor's degree in General Engineering Science. Since 1997 nine master's degree courses and a bachelor's degree course have been added.
The library is not only used internally but as a specialized technical library of the Hamburg region. Its services are also available to citizens who are not students.
In addition to the basic service of providing printed media on loan or for use within the TUB HH, the library also procures documents from cooperation partners such as libraries, specialized information centres and publishers.
- "Key Data 2018". Hamburg University of Technology. Retrieved 2017-06-14.
- "Double Degree Master's Program in Engineering + Technology Management (MBA/M.A.), Hamburg, Germany 2019". www.masterstudies.com. Retrieved 2019-03-15.
- "MBA | MA in Technology Management NIT Northern Institute of Technology Management, Hamburg, Germany 2019". www.daad.de. Retrieved 2019-08-15.
- Janik, Sophie. "NIT Master ́s program successfully reaccredited" (PDF). NIT Press area. Retrieved 2019-03-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Technische Universität Hamburg.|