Techno India University
|Motto||Harnessing Technology, Enriching Lives|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr.Ashok Ranjan Thakur|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Newsletter||The Techno Times|
|Colours||Red & White
|Affiliations||UGC, COA, BCI, NO PRIOR AICTE APPROVAL REQUIRED|
Techno India University is a private university in Kolkata, West Bengal, a state in India. It is the first private university in the West Bengal, that was formed by the passing of a state legislation. Its campus is in Salt Lake. It was inaugurated on 7 August 2012, by chief minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee. semester exams here are conducted online.major notes,notification,notices and important announcements are given in Moodle.the whole study system is Moodle enabled.hostels are not facilitated here.majorly students stay at pg's , private hostels.
Admission to Techno India University B.Tech courses are on the basis of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination and All India Engineering Entrance Examination. Admission to other courses are based on criteria decided by the Academic Council of the University. There is a provision for direct admission for a limited number of Non-resident Indian/Foreign National students.
Academics at TIU is structured around nine schools listed below.
- School of Computing Science & Engineering
- School of Electronics Engineering
- School of Bio-Technology
- School of Electrical Engineering
- School of Architecture
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Management
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Law
TIG Universities / Associates
- Techno Global University, Shillong and Madhya Pradesh
- Colorado Heights University, Denver, USA
- Northwestern Polytechnic University, USA
Techno India Group has a long lasting collaboration with the IT giant Hewlett Packard.It is also a SAP university alliance partner.It has also undergone collaboration with Tekla India to collaborate in research and development with the goal of increasing the number of local graduates with Building Information Modelling (BIM) skills, and boost the adoption of BIM in construction industry in eastern India. Tekla & Techno India will jointly conduct certification course, which will be available for any engineering students or professionals in the area.It has also signed MOU with IETE It has also organized seminars in collaboration with Aircel and Ebela on the Future of Communication.
Sahotsava is the cultural festival organized every year at the university
Vivarta is the technical festival organized every year at the university.
Rudra is the sports festival organized every year at the university.
Located at the prestigious IT hub of Sector-5, Salt Lake, Kolkata, Techno India University is housed within a sprawling campus surrounded by lush greenery, a rarity in most metropolitan cities. With best-in-class infrastructure including smart classes already in place, the campus provides the ideal platform for nascent brilliance take to its wings. Two more towers, eighteen floors each, coming up within the campus will enable us to dedicate even more space for our research labs and for our students. The wi-fi enabled campus houses a bank, an ATM, a food-court, an art gallery, a parking lot and a playground, thus rendering it self-sufficient in every respect. Some of the best shopping malls, eateries and theatres in Kolkata lie in very close vicinity, thus making entertainment and provisions most easily accessible. The campus, already very well-connected to every part of Kolkata (including the airport and the stations), will become even easier to commute when the upcoming metro rail project becomes functional in the near future.
- Mamata Banerjee inaugurated Techno India University at Rajarhat, West Bengal | India Higher Education | Indian Education | Education News | India Education
- "West Bengal is open for private : Mamata Banerjee - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Private education Bill passed amidst Opposition walkout". The Statesman. 6 July 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Bill passed to set up private varsity". Asian Age. 7 July 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- "Private varsity bill passed". The Telegraph (Calcutta, India). 7 July 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "273 acres of land for AMU campus". The Statesman. 30 July 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Dutta, Ananya (8 August 2012). "‘Will make Kolkata world's cultural capital'". The Hindu (Chennai, India).
- Techno India Group
|This article about a university or other tertiary education institution is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a university or college in West Bengal, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|