Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
The Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management of the Delft University of Technology is a faculty for graduation and post-graduation studies in Technology, Policy and Management. Through internationally oriented education and research the faculty want to contribute with "sustainable solutions to complex social problems". The research of the faculty focuses on "large scale socio-technical systems, such as infrastructures for transport, energy and telecommunication".
The faculty started in 1997 from a merger between the two existing faculties of the Delft University of Technology at the time: Technology and Society and Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management. From 1992 to 1998 Henk G. Sol was founding Dean of the new School for Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management. He prepared the merger, in 1998, into the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management.
The Faculty of Technology and Society had been a joint faculty from the 1960s, including philosophy, economics, skills, technology assessment, law and gender studies. Its main task was to provide service education to all the other faculties of the Delft University of Technology. The Faculty of Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis and Management was built from scratch and started in 1992 with a new curriculum and research programme.
The faculty has evolved form three departements in 1999 to five departments in 2007. These are:
- Infrastructure Systems & Services Department
- Multi Actor Systems Department
- Engineering and Reflection Department
- Innovation Systems Department
- Education & Didactics Department
These five departments contain 19 sections.
The faculty offers the following five master programmes, which are taught in English:
- Technology, Policy and Management
- Engineering and Policy Analysis (EPA)
- Systems Engineering, Policy Analysis & Management (SEPAM)
- Management of Technology (MOT)
- Transport, Infrastructure & Logistics (TIL)
Academic affiliated with TBM
Academic in the present or past affiliated with TBM:
- Pieter W.G. Bots (2005) Design at the faculty of Technology, Policy and Management Research paper, Delft University of Technology. Accessed Oct 28, 2009.
- TBM History. TU Delft. Accessed Oct 28, 2009.