Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up technosexual in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Technosexual is an individual who either:
- has a strong aesthetic sense and a love of gadgets. In this sense, the word is a portmanteau of techno- and metrosexual, which was first promoted by creative professional Ricky Montalvo to describe "a dandyish narcissist in love with not only himself, but also his urban lifestyle and gadgets; a straight man who is in touch with his feminine side but has fondness for electronics such as cell phones, PDAs, computers, software, and the web."
- has a sexual attraction to machinery, as in the case of robot fetishism. When used thus, it is a straightforward compound word combining "techno-" and "-sexual". As per this definition of the term, fictional android Gigolo Joe, played by Jude Law in the 2001 science-fiction film A.I. has become the iconic "technosex symbol".
- "Ricky Montalvo: There is a geek in all of us, so why not show us". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27.
- "Word Spy contributors" (2004) Technosexual wordspy.com
- Scott, Lisa (2007). "Metrosexual: Let's mech love". Retrieved 2007-02-10. Cite journal requires
- Brett, Samantha (2007). "Ask Sam TV Ep 10 - What women want next: the technosexual?". Retrieved 2007-11-13. Cite journal requires
- Wilson, Eric (2007). "How to Bottle a Generation". Retrieved 2007-03-08. Cite journal requires
- Gore, Edward (2002). The Technosexuality, Pygmalionist & Mind Control Fetish FAQ 3.0 The Pygmalion Syndrome
- Hughes, James (2003). The Future of Sex: What will happen when we can transcend erotic desire, romantic love and the human body? Betterhumans
- Miller, Katharine (2004). Enter the Technosexual AlterNet