Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff
|Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff|
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff is an American football video game developed by Polygon Magic and published by Tecmo for the Nintendo DS. A remake of Tecmo Super Bowl, the game was released on November 18, 2008. A Wii version was also announced, but was quietly cancelled and retooled into a new game called Family Fun Football.
Due to EA Games acquiring the exclusive NFL/NFLPA license for their Madden NFL game series in 2004, the game does not have an NFL license, and use generic names and rosters. However, the game features team cities almost identical to the NFL. The only difference is a Los Angeles team instead of the New York Giants. You can edit the team names, uniforms, and players to your liking.
Wildcat Tecmo Conference (AFC)
Bulldog Tecmo Conference (NFC)
The game features the following improvements and changes to the original game:
- Customizable teams: players are now able to choose team colors, emblems, player names, team cities and abilities
- Super abilities: players can use power-ups during the game
- Customizable playbook: players are able to choose the plays for each team's playbook
- Cutscenes: certain plays cause cinematic representations of the play
The game received a 7.7 rating from IGN. It was also a nominee for Best Online Multiplayer Game at IGN's 2008 video game awards.
- Zuniga, Todd (December 2008). "Goal-line fumble". Electronic Gaming Monthly (235): 84. ISSN 1058-918X.
- "Tecmo Bowl Returns". GameSpot. 2008-11-11.
- "Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff Page". GamePro. Archived from the original on 2008-05-07. Retrieved 2008-05-02.
- Totilo, Stephen. "Tecmo: No Bo Jackson, No NFL For New 'Tecmo Bowl' — But Still Faithfully Old-School". MTV.
- Totilo, Stephen (May 27, 2009). "Tecmo Bowl Wii Transformed Into Something Else". Kotaku. Retrieved July 3, 2012.
- "IGN DS: Best Online Multiplayer Game 2008". IGN.com. 2008-12-15. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
|This American football video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|