This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2021)
|George Zho (Founder & CEO)|
|Products||Mobile phones, tablets, accessories|
|Revenue||US$1 billion (2020)|
Tecno has focused its business on the African and the South Asian markets.
In 2006, Tecno Mobile was founded as Tecno Telecom Limited, but later changed its name to Transsion Holdings with Tecno Mobile serving as one of its subsidiaries. In 2007, Tecno created a second brand, Itel that sold in Africa and in May 2017 was recognized as the "most student friendly brand". Early 2008, Tecno shifted its market target entirely to Africa following a market research. In 2010, it ascended into the top three mobile phone brands in Africa.
In 2016, Tecno entered the Middle East mobile phone market. It entered the Indian Market in 2017 by launching its ‘Made for India’ smartphones. It dived into the Indian market with multiple new smartphones of the ‘i’ series - i5,i5 Pro, i3, i3 Pro and i7. The company initially started with Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Punjab, and later, by December 2017, it spread all over the country.
The firm made inroads in India following its earlier success in Africa. In April 2016, its phones officially hit the shelves in India. The firm has identified other emerging markets, besides Africa, where the population is large and purchasing power low. It entered the Bangladesh and Nepal markets in 2017 and has started trial sales in Pakistan. It is still trying to penetrate the Pakistani market and has started its sales online through various E-commerce channels including its own website.
Tecno Mobile India is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Deck, Andrew (23 June 2020). "Your guide to Transsion, Africa's biggest mobile phone supplier". Rest of World. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
Transsion operates three brands from its headquarters in Shenzhen in China: Infinix, Itel, and Tecno.
- "TECNO MOBILE LIMITED Supplier Profile". service.ariba.com. Retrieved 17 May 2020.
- "itel mobile named 'most' student friendly brand - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Samsung, Apple, Tecno top list of mobile brands with highest SOV in Q2 of 2016". Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Chinese phone maker Tecno Mobile forays into Middle East". Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "How Transsion became No 3 in India by solving oily fingers problem". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Transsion Holdings to shift manufacturing base to India".