|George Zho (founder/Ceo)|
|Products||Mobile phones, tablets, accessories|
Tecno has focused its business on the African and the South Asian markets.
However, following market research conducted in Southeast Asia, Africa and Latin America, the company found that Africa was the most lucrative region. As a result of this, in 2008, the company stopped doing business in Asia to exclusively focus on Africa.
In 2006, Tecno Mobile was founded as Tecno Telecom Limited, but later changed its name to Transsion Holdings with Tecno Mobile serving as one of its subsidiaries. In 2007 Tecno created a second brand, iTel that sold in Africa and in May 2017 was recognized as the "most student friendly brand". Early 2008, Tecno shifted its market target entirely to Africa following a market research. In 2010, it ascended into the top three mobile phone brands in Africa. In 2012, Tecno released the first "Made in Ethiopia" smartphone. Tecno announced in 2016 their first mobile phone to run on Marshmallow. In 2016, Tecno Mobile launched "The Best Camera Smartphone In Africa". In the same year, Tecno launched the Tecno Phantom 6 and Tecno Phantom 6 Plus with a Biometric authentications security followed by the Phantom 8 that was unveiled at an event in Dubai In 2017, Tecno Mobile launched its first Dual front led flash device, the phone is dubbed Tecno Camon CX.
Tecno phones are mostly used in Nigeria, ranking as one of the cheapest in Nigeria.
Tecno Mobile's made inroads in India following its earlier success in Africa. In April 2016, Tecno's phones officially hit the shelves in India. Tecno Mobile has identified other emerging markets, besides Africa, where the population is large and purchasing power low. It entered the Bangladesh and Nepal markets in 2017 and has started trial sales in Pakistan. It is still trying to penetrate the Pakistani Market and has started its sales online through various E-commerce channels including its own website.
On January 2018, Tecno launched another smartphone on the Camon series dubbed Tecno Camon CM in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, Uganda and India which became the first device from Tecno Mobile to feature the 18:9 aspect ratio. Tecno has also launches its long-awaited Camon i4 in Pakistan in April 2019 which is available for prices as low as US$119.
On April 2019, The newly launched Tecno Spark 3 and Spark 3 Pro become available in Tanzania as the first smartphone from Tecno to use Android 9.0
TECNO Phantom 9 is the latest smartphone from TECNO and it is going to be launched in Africa in July 2019. For the first time, TECNO Phantom 9 is going to feature an AMOLED Display, an under-the-display fingerprint scanner, and new design.
On 16 August 2019, Tecno debuted its Spark Go in Pakistan on Daraz.pk. It is a mid-range phone with a budget-friendly price of Rs. 12,999. Thus, making it the cheapest phone in Pakistan with a rear dual camera setup, and notch display.
- "TECNO MOBILE LIMITED Supplier Profile". service.ariba.com. Retrieved 17 May 2020.
- "Chinese mobile phone company Tecno explains why it only does business in Africa - How We Made It In Africa". How We Made It In Africa. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Chinese phone maker Tecno Mobile forays into Middle East". Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Tecno Mobile officially launched in Pakistan". Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Tecno Mobile Launches in India With 5 New Smartphones". Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "itel mobile named 'most' student friendly brand - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 31 May 2017. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Samsung, Apple, Tecno top list of mobile brands with highest SOV in Q2 of 2016". Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Chinese mobile phone company Tecno explains why it only does business in Africa". How We Made It In Africa. 21 January 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "TECNO Launches New Selfie Smartphone For Africa". www.forbes.com. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Tecno Phantom 8 & Phantom 8 plus to be unveilled at an event in Dubai". smattgeeksmedia.com. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- "Tecno Phantom 6 Plus; Putting the rugged Beast to the test". Techpoint.ng. 13 October 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "How To Apply Custom Font On TECNO Camon CX". Enochtekng. Retrieved 17 June 2017.
- "Light up your life with TECNO's latest Spark series - NaijaTechGuy". NaijaTechGuy. 21 August 2017. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SPARK AS TECNO MOBILE THROWS OUTLANDISH 2-IN-1 PARTY IN LAGOS - INFORMATION NIGERIA". www.informationng.com. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "How Transsion became No 3 in India by solving oily fingers problem". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Tecno Camon CM specs and price in Kenya,Nigeria & Ghana". Smatt Geeks Media. 1 February 2018. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- "Tecno Unveils its Long-awaited Camon i4 in Pakistan". The Post. 15 April 2019. Retrieved 22 May 2019.
- "Tecno Camon X/Camon X Pro specs & price in Kenya,Nigeria and Ghana". Smatt Geeks Media. 5 April 2018. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- Okumu, Patel. "Camon X is the latest Tecno mobile flagship to hit market". The Standard. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- "Tecno Spark 3 and Spark 3 Pro become available in Tanzania". Tanzania Tech (in Swahili). Retrieved 1 April 2019.
- "TECNO Phantom 9 Specification". Tanzania Tech. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
- "Here's the new TECNO Phantom 9". Tech-ish.com. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
- "Tecno Spark Go Specifications Price". Tech-ish.com. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- "Tecno Spark launched in Pakistan". ProPakistani. Retrieved 18 August 2019.
- Siddiqui, Saman (16 August 2019). "TECNO collaborates with Daraz.pk for the launch of Spark Go!". Oyeyeah. Retrieved 27 June 2020.