||This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Tecplot 360 on Linux
2016 / 2016
|Operating system||Windows, OS X, Linux|
Tecplot is the name of a family of visualization & analysis software tools developed by Tecplot, Inc., which is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. The firm was formerly operated as Amtec Engineering. In 2016, the firm was acquired by Vela Software, an operating group of Constellation Software, Inc. (TSX:CSU).
Tecplot Chorus is a data management, design optimization, and aero database development framework used for comparing collections of CFD simulations.
Tecplot 360 is a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and numerical simulation software package used in post-processing simulation results. Tecplot 360 is also used in chemistry applications to visualize molecule structure by post-processing charge density data.
Common tasks associated with post-processing analysis of flow solver (e.g. Fluent, OpenFOAM) data include calculating grid quantities (e.g. aspect ratios, skewness, orthogonality and stretch factors), normalizing data; Deriving flow field functions like pressure coefficient or vorticity magnitude, verifying solution convergence, estimating the order of accuracy of solutions, interactively exploring data through cut planes (a slice through a region), iso-surfaces (3-D maps of concentrations), particle paths (dropping an object in the "fluid" and watching where it goes).
CFD Formats: CGNS, FLOW-3D (Flow Science, Inc.), ANSYS CFX, ANSYS FLUENT .cas and .dat format and polyhedra, OpenFOAM, PLOT3D (Flow Science, Inc.), Tecplot and polyhedra, Ensight Gold and HDF5 (Hierarchical Data Format).
Tecplot Focus is plotting software designed for measured field data, performance plotting of test data, mathematical analysis, and general engineering plotting.
Tecplot RS is a tool tailored towards visualizing the results of reservoir simulations, which model the flow of fluids through porous media, as in oil and gas fields, and aquifers.
- Chima, Rodrick V. (2011). "TCGRID 3-D Grid Generator for Turbomachinery User's Manual and Documentation" (PDF). nasa.gov. NASA Glenn Research Center, MS 5-12 21000 Brookpark Road. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 17, 2012.
- Simon Ievers, Wenxian Lin (2009). "Numerical simulation of three-dimensional flow dynamics in a hot water storage tank". Applied Energy. 86 (12): 2604–2614. doi:10.1016/j.apenergy.2009.04.010.
- Adam C. Cankaya, William A. Arnold (2006). "Microgravity Science Glovebox CFD Model for the Zero Boil-Off Tank Experiment".
- Jones, Travis E.; Eberhart, Mark E. (2009). "The irreducible bundle: Further structure in the kinetic energy distribution". The Journal of Chemical Physics. 130 (204108): 204108. Bibcode:2009JChPh.130t4108J. doi:10.1063/1.3139113.
- "What is the advantage of MATLAB over FORTAN?". ResearchGate. 2013.
- Crosky, Alan; Grant, Carroll; Kelly, Donald (2012). "Fiber Placements". Wiley Encyclopedia of Composites. doi:10.1002/9781118097298.weoc084. ISBN 9781118097298.
- "open tecplot date format using paraview". 2013.
- "Importing 1D Tecplot files to Paraview with Zones".
- "VisIt 2.7.0 - Changelog". Softpedia. 2013.