Edwin "Ted" G. Abel is an American neuroscientist, currently the Director of the Iowa Neuroscience Institute at University of Iowa and previously the Brush Family Professor of Biology at University of Pennsylvania.
Abel obtained his doctorate in biochemistry and molecular biology from Harvard University, after working there under mentorship from Tom Maniatis. He then became a postdoc under mentorship of Eric Kandel at Columbia University.
Abel is an Elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and editor-in-chief of Neurobiology of Learning and Memory.
- "Abel, Edwin (Ted) G." University of Pennsylvania. Retrieved September 29, 2019.
- Molly Rossiter (August 4, 2016). "Abel to lead Iowa Neuroscience Institute". University of Iowa. Retrieved September 29, 2019.
- "Ted Abel, Ph.D." Brain & Behavior Research Foundation. Retrieved September 29, 2019.
- "Ted Abel elected AAAS Fellow". University of Pennsylvania. December 7, 2012. Retrieved September 29, 2019.
- "Dr. Ted Abel named as Editor-in-Chief of the journal Neurobiology of Learning and Memory". University of Pennsylvania. July 1, 2012. Retrieved September 29, 2019.
|This article about a biologist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|