Ted C. Lewellen
|Part of a series on|
|Social and cultural anthropology|
Ted Lewelllen (born 1940) is Professor of Anthropology at the University of Richmond. He received his B.A. from Alaska Methodist University, his M.A. from New York University, and his Ph.D. from the University of Colorado in 1977, with a thesis on "The Aymara in transition : economy and religion in a Peruvian peasant community".
He has done field work in Peru and Nicaragua and is the author of four books, some of which have been translated into Korean, French, Spanish, and Italian. and about 20 articles. His best known are The Anthropology of Globalization (2002), and his textbook, Political Anthropology: an Introduction, which has gone into three editions. He has also written about 20 professional articles.
- Lewellen, Ted C. Political Anthropology: An Introduction. 3rd ed. Westport, Conn: Praeger, 2003. ISBN 978-0-89789-891-1
- Lewellen, Ted C. Political Anthropology: An Introduction. 2d ed South Hadley, Mass: Bergin & Garvey,. 1983. ISBN 978-0-89789-029-8
- Spanish translation: Lewellen, Ted C. Introducción a la antropología política. Barcelona: Bellaterra, 1985. OCLC 434641428
- Italian translation, Lewellen, Ted C. Antropologia politica. Bologna: Il Mulino, 1995. ISBN 978-88-15-03670-4
- Korean Translation: 류웰린 원저 ; 한 경구, 임 봉길 공역. 한 경구. 임 봉길. ; Ted C Lewellen; Kyŏng-gu Han; Pong-gil Im / Lewellen, Ted C., Kyŏng-gu Han, and Pong-gil Im. 정치 인류학 / Chŏngchʻi illyuhak. Sŏul Tʻŭkpyŏlsi: Ilchogak, 1998. ISBN 978-89-337-0328-1
- Lewellen, Ted C. The Anthropology of Globalization: Cultural Anthropology Enters the 21st Century. Westport, Conn: Bergin & Garvey, 2002. ISBN 978-0-313-01284-6 According to WorldCat, held in 1261 libraries 
- Lewellen, Ted C. Dependency and Development: An Introduction to the Third World. Westport, Conn: Bergin & Garvey, 1995. ISBN 978-0-89789-400-5
- Lewellen, Ted C. Peasants in Transition: The Changing Economy of the Peruvian Aymara : a General Systems Approach. Boulder, Colo: Westview Press, 1978. ISBN 978-0-89158-076-8
- Lewellen, Ted C. "Holy and Unholy Alliances: The Politics of Catholicism in Revolutionary Nicaragua." Journal of Church and State. Vol. 31, no. 1 (winter 1989). p.15 -33
- Lewellen, Ted C. 1990. "State Terror and the Disruption of Internal Adaptations by CIA Covert Actions". Scandinavian Journal of Development Alternatives. -. 923: 47-65.
- Lewellen, Ted C. 1986. "The Lie File: The Political Manipulation of Central American Data by the Reagan Administration, 1981-1984". Scandinavian Journal of Development Alternatives. -. 51: 29-49.
- Lewellen, Ted C. 1979. "Deviant Religion and Cultural Evolution: The Aymara Case". Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion. 18, no. 3:.
- Lewellen, Ted C., et al. 1981. "Aggression and Hypoglycemia in the Andes: Another Look at the Evidence [and Comments and Replies]". Current Anthropology. 22, no. 4: 347-361. This article won the Stirling Award 
- Lewellen, Ted C. 1997 "Tropical Deforestation: The Human Dimension:" American Anthropologist, v99 n3 (199709): 643-643