Ted Dwane of Mumford & Sons at the Londonewcastle Project Space for A Show of Faces, November 2013.
|Birth name||Edward James Milton Dwane|
|Born||15 August 1984|
London, United Kingdom
|Genres||Folk rock, indie folk|
|Instruments||Vocals, double bass, bass guitar, guitar, drums|
|Labels||Island Records (UK), Universal Music Group (Canada & AUS) and Glassnote Records (US)|
Ted Dwane (born Edward James Milton Dwane, 15 August 1984) is a British musician and photographer, best known for being the bassist of the Grammy Award-winning British folk rock band Mumford & Sons. Prior to this he was the bassist in experimental folk band Moulettes.
Dwane is a founding member of the British folk band Mumford & Sons. He plays the double bass, bass guitar, drums, guitar and provides backing vocals. Dwane performed with two of his current band members, Marcus Mumford and Winston Marshall, with Laura Marling before Mumford & Sons.
Dwane is a keen photographer and has a photography blog on the Mumford & Sons website. Dwane held his first solo photography exhibition, A Show of Faces, on 16 to 24 November 2013 in Shoreditch, London.
On 31 May 2013, whilst performing at the Greek Theatre Berkeley, Dwane had an acute subdural haematoma which went undiagnosed for over a week. Dwane went on to perform six gigs before finally being correctly diagnosed and treated in Austin on 11 June. He was discharged on 13 June after a successful operation. Mumford & Sons had to cancel three performances in America including the 2013 Bonnaroo Music Festival so Dwane could fully recover. Touring for the band resumed three weeks later for their headline slot at Glastonbury Festival.
- "Ted Dwane's Other Band, Moulettes".
- "From the archives: FFS interviews Mumford and Sons | For Folk's Sake". Forfolkssake.com. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Mumford & Sons – Blog – Ted's Photography… Tennessee to Kansas". Mumfordandsons.com. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "like talking to the lovely Ted Dwane about his upcoming photography exhibition – Reuben Feels". Reuben Feels... 31 October 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Mumford & Sons | Ted Dwane: No more head-banging after surgery". Contactmusic.com. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
-  Archived 17 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "NME News Mumford & Sons bass player Ted Dwane leaves hospital after brain surgery". Nme.Com. 14 June 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- "Mumford & Sons – News – Bonnaroo & Us Tour – A Statement From The Band". Mumfordandsons.com. Retrieved 24 August 2014.