Ted Hooper MBE NDB (21 September 1918 – 19 March 2010) was a British bee keeper and author of Guide to Bees & Honey (1976, fourth edition 1997). The book is a standard text recommended by the British Beekeepers' Association (BBKA) as part of the BBKA exam syllabus. He also co-authored The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Beekeeping (Roger Morse and Ted Hooper, 1985).
Hooper died in March 2010, aged 91. His funeral service at Chelmsford Cremetorian on 31 March 2010 was well attended by members of the Essex Beekeepers Association.
- A Guide to Bees 4th Edition, Ted Hooper, cover notes
- BBKA booklist (http://www.britishbee.org.uk/files/booklist-2009.pdf)
- The Essex Beekeeper (the monthly magazine of the Essex Bee Keepers Association), issue 541 Archived 26 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. January 2010. Interview with Geoff Mills
- BEM NDB awards at BEM diploma awards Archived 5 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Ted Hooper MBE NDB 1918 – 2010". The British Beekeepers Association. 26 March 2010. Archived from the original on 1 April 2010. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
|This bee-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This British biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|