Ted Karras (offensive lineman)
Karras in the 2016 NFL season.
|No. 75 – New England Patriots|
|Position:||Center / Guard|
|Born:||March 15, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||305 lb (138 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 6 / Pick: 221|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Karras was drafted by the Patriots in the sixth round (221st overall) in the 2016 NFL Draft. He made the Patriots 53-man roster and was the starting right guard in the season opener against the Cardinals due to the injuries of Shaq Mason and Jonathan Cooper. He split time with Mason in Week 2 but was reverted to a reserve role for the rest of the season after Mason resumed his starting role in Week 3. Karras contributed to the Patriots finishing with a 14-2 record and earning the top-seed for the AFC playoffs.
On September 2, 2017, Karras was released by the Patriots and was signed to the practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on September 7, 2017. He made his first start of the season in Week 11 at center, filling in for starter David Andrews, who was out with an illness. Karras and the Patriots reached Super Bowl LII, but were defeated by the Philadelphia Eagles by a score of 41–33.
Karras entered 2018 as a backup guard and center. He started two games at right guard in place of an injured Shaq Mason. The Patriots reached Super Bowl LIII where they defeated the Los Angeles Rams 13-3.
Karras is a third-generation NFL player. His grandfather, Ted Karras, Sr., and great uncles, Lou Karras and Alex Karras, played in the NFL during the 1950s and 1960s, and his father Ted Karras, Jr. played during the 1987 season.
His grandfather, his father, and Karras himself have all won NFL championships, with the Bears, Redskins, and Patriots, respectively.
- "Ted Karras profile".
- Hart, Andy (June 1, 2016). "For Karras, line play is all in the family". Patriots.com. Retrieved January 22, 2017.
- "Super Bowl LI - New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons - February 5th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- Thomas, Oliver (January 5, 2017). "After 16 games: Revisiting Patriots' 2016 rookie class". PatsPulpit.com. Retrieved January 22, 2017.
- "Patriots reach 53-man limit". Patriots.com. September 2, 2017.
- "Patriots sign nine to the practice squad". Patriots.com. September 3, 2017.
- "Patriots sign OL Ted Karras to the 53-man roster from the practice squad; Place WR Malcolm Mitchell on injured reserve; Sign DB Jomal Wiltz to the practice squad". Patriots.com. September 7, 2017.
- Reiss, Mike (May 16, 2016). "Patriots' Ted Karras will take 'Blazing Saddles' or 'Porky's' over 'Webster'". ESPN.com.