|Born||July 5, 1972|
|Alma mater||Princeton University|
|Occupation||CEO of Insomniac Games|
Ted Price is the President and CEO of Insomniac Games, Inc. - an independent game developer which he founded in 1994. Since its inception the company has grown to approximately 210 people. Insomniac Games has offices in Burbank, California and in Durham, North Carolina.
Insomniac’s first game was Disruptor, a critically successful first person shooter released for the PlayStation in 1996. While it was not an overwhelming commercial success, Insomniac’s subsequent games have been.
Insomniac created Spyro the Dragon and two sequels for the PlayStation. The company then went on to create Ratchet & Clank for the PlayStation 2. Insomniac followed up with three sequels on the PlayStation 2 and has released the most recent installments, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, and most recently Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus for the PlayStation 3.
Going back to its first-person shooter roots, Insomniac also created Resistance: Fall of Man as a launch title for the PlayStation 3. It and its sequel Resistance 2 have been among Insomniac's most successful games.
Overall Insomniac’s games have sold over 43 million units worldwide.
From 2005 through 2013 Insomniac Games has ranked in the top 25 of the “50 Best Small & Medium Sized Companies to Work for in America” list. This list is compiled by the Great Places to Work Institute, best known for producing Fortune magazine’s annual “100 Best Companies to Work For“ list, which ranks companies with more than 1,000 employees. In 2008 and 2009 Insomniac also won several "Best Workplace" awards for both the Los Angeles area and the state of California. Price's responsibilities at Insomniac include directing the company's day-to-day business and long term strategy as well as overseeing its projects and contributing to their design.
Price is a board member and former chairman of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. Price has also been active and outspoken in defense of the videogame industry’s right to freedom of expression in state level court cases since 2005. More recently Price assisted in industry efforts during the U.S. Supreme Court’s hearing of Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association.
- Disruptor - 1996 (PS)
- Spyro the Dragon - 1998 (PS)
- Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! - 1999 (PS)
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon - 2000 (PS)
- Ratchet & Clank - 2002 (PS2)
- Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - 2003 (PS2)
- Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - 2004 (PS2)
- Ratchet: Deadlocked - 2005 (PS2)
- Resistance: Fall of Man - 2006 (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - 2007 (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty - 2008 (PS3, PSN)
- Resistance 2 - 2008 (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - 2009 (PS3)
- Resistance 3 - 2011 (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - 2011 (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - 2012 (PS3)
- Outernauts - 2012/2013 (Facebook & Kongregate)
- Fuse - 2013 (PS3 & Xbox 360)
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - 2013 (PS3)
- Sunset Overdrive - 2014 (Xbox One)
- Ratchet & Clank (2016 video game) -2016 (PS4)