Ted Sperling is a Musical Director, conductor, orchestrator, arranger, stage director and musician, primarily for the stage and concerts. He won the Tony Award for Best Orchestrations and the Drama Desk Award, Outstanding Orchestrations, for his work in The Light in the Piazza in 2005.
Sperling was born in Manhattan and started taking violin lessons at age 5, studied at Juilliard School starting at age 16, and graduated from Yale University, Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude at the age of 21.
Sperling has been the musical director, conductor, stage director and/or arranger for such Broadway musicals as the revival of South Pacific (2008) and The Light in the Piazza (2005), and for some ten Off-Broadway musicals, starting with Gus and Al in 1989 through Striking 12 in 2006. He appeared on-stage in the musical Titanic (1997) as a performer and one of the on-stage trio of musicians. He began stage directing in regional theatre in 2001, and then directed the musical See What I Wanna See, both regionally and off-Broadway, in 2004 and 2005.
He is the musical conductor for concerts for performer Victoria Clark. The two met at Yale University, when they sang in the Yale Chapel Choir and he was also the first violist in the Yale Symphony Orchestra. He has also conducted concerts for Audra McDonald, such as her Houston Grand Opera debut in March 2006  and her New York Philharmonic New Year's Eve concert, December 31, 2006.
As an actor he appeared on Broadway as the bandleader Wallace Hartley in the original production of Titanic (1997).
- Guys and Dolls (2008) - Musical Director, Vocal and incidental music arrangements
- South Pacific (2008) - Musical Director, Conductor
- Striking 12 (2006), Daryl Roth Theatre, Stage director,
- The Light in the Piazza (2005) - Orchestrator, Musical Director, Conductor
- Peter Pan and Wendy (2002), Prince Music Theater, Philadelphia, Stage Director
- Lady in the Dark (2001), Prince Music Theater, Philadelphia, Stage Director 
- The Full Monty (2000) - Musical Director, Vocal and incidental music arrangements
- How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (1995) - Musical Director, Conductor, Vocal and incidental music arrangements
- Sunday in the Park with George (1984) Synthesizer
- "Theater:Ted Sperling" citypaper.net, August 15–21, 2002
- Simonson, Robert.PLAYBILL.COM'S BRIEF ENCOUNTER With Victoria Clark," December 3, 2008
- Gans, Andrew,Audra McDonald to Debut New LaChiusa Piece at Houston Grand Opera," playbill.com, July 26, 2005
- Gans, Andrew.Audra McDonald Sets Her New Year's Eve Plans," playbill.com, February 9, 2009
- Hetrick, Adam.Tony Winner Sperling Joins Public Theater as Director of Musical Theatre Initiative," playbill.com, January 17, 2008
- Fox, David Anthony."Review:Peter Pan and Wendy" citypaper.net, December 25–31, 2002
- Perry, Claudia."Review: Lady in the Dark ", aislesay.com, accessed July 24, 2009