Ted Wass (actor)
October 27, 1952
Lakewood, Ohio, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, television director|
|Spouse(s)||Nina Wass (1996–present)
Janet Margolin (1979–1993) (her death)
Theodore "Ted" Wass (born October 27, 1952, in Lakewood, Ohio), is an American television director and former actor. He is best known for his roles as Danny Dallas on the series Soap (1977–1981) and as Nick Russo on the NBC sitcom Blossom (1991–1995). Since Blossom ended its run in 1995, Wass has retired from acting and has focused only on directing episodic television.
Education and early career
He appeared in sitcom Soap as Danny Dallas from 1977-1981.
He played struggling musician Bobby Shelton (who trades his soul - and his family - to become ill-fated rock star "Billy Wayne") in the black comedy film Oh, God! You Devil (1984).
In 1986 he starred in TV movie Triplecross, directed by David Greene, in which he, Markie Post, and Gary Swanson are cops who receive a huge sum of money from a kidnap victim and become private detectives, competing against each other to solve cases. This was intended as a pilot but the series was never picked up.
He played the central character's father in Blossom (1991-1995), a sitcom about a teenage girl with two brothers being brought up by her single father, which was Ted's last acting role.
- Blossom (1990–1995) (TV series) as Nick Russo
- Fine Gold (1989)
- The Canterville Ghost (1986) (TV movie)
- The Longshot (1986) as Stump
- Oh, God! You Devil (1984) as Bobby Shelton
- Sheena (1984) as Vic Casey
- Curse of the Pink Panther (1983) as Sgt. Clifton Sleigh
- Baby Sister (1983) as David Mitchell
- I Was a Mail Order Bride (1982) as Robert Fitzgerald
- The Triangle Factory Fire Scandal (1979) as Vinnie
- Soap (1977–1981) (TV series) as Danny Dallas
- Undateable (2014-present)
- Sullivan & Son (2012–present)
- 2 Broke Girls (2011–present)
- State of Georgia (2011)
- Melissa & Joey (2010)
- Accidentally on Purpose (2010)
- Ruby & The Rockits (2009)
- Brothers (2009)
- The Big Bang Theory (2007)
- Two and a Half Men (2007)
- Everybody Hates Chris (2007-2008)
- Rules of Engagement (2007–2013)
- 'Til Death (2006)
- Crumbs (2006)
- Less than Perfect (2002-2006)
- Spin City (2000–2002)
- Two of a Kind (1999)
- History - Glenbard Class of 1958
- Lights shine on The Theatre School gala honorees, DePaul University
- Brunsdale, Mitzi M. (2010). Icons of Mystery and Crime Detection: From Sleuths to Superheroes. ABC-CLIO. p. 184.
- Wilson, Staci Layne (2007). Animal Movies Guide. p. 18.
- Roberts, Jerry (2009). Encyclopedia of Television Film Directors. Scarecrow. p. 215.
- Ted Wass Biography (1952-), Film Reference