|DfE URN||138460 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Houses||Stuart, Tudor, Windsor, York|
|Colours||Teal and grey|
Teddington School is co-educational school 11–18 school located in Teddington in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames in south-west London. The headteacher is John Wilkinson, previously the Headteacher of The Elmgreen School in Lambeth, who has held the post since 2014.
The school opened a co-educational sixth form in 2014 It is part of a family of local schools known as the Richmond West Schools Trust, and will formally join the Trust in 2017.
An Ofsted inspection in February 2014 rated the school as Good. It said that students make "strong progress" and that "teaching is good.
The school opened in 1962 as the Teddington Secondary School, a single-sex school, taking over the senior boys of Stanley Road School when it ceased to cater for the full age-range, as well as the boys from Twickenham Technical School. Pupils from the former St Mark's School in St Marks Road joined Teddington School in April 1963.
From the late 1960s to the mid-1980s it was called Teddington Boys' School, the name being changed to Teddington School on the admission of girls in 1985 for the first time. The school's uniform colours during this period were black and red, with a school blazer badge displaying a swan upon a green background, the coat of arms of the County of Middlesex and a gold lion rampant on a red background, with the motto in Latin Meret Qui Laborat beneath. [Note 1]
In 2010 under a central government public works programme entitled Building Schools for the Future, the original mid-20th Century design school buildings on the Broom Road site and its attached hardcourt sports fields of an athletics field, football pitch and tennis courts, were demolished, and a new school building and sports' ground were constructed by the builder Mace Group Limited at a cost of £36 million. The school was also re-branded at this time with its uniform being fundamentally redesigned to a teal and grey colour scheme and a kingfisher bird emblem.
In 2014 a Sixth Form was introduced in the school's curriculum for the first time.
The school has run an exchange programme with German School Geschwister-Scholl-Schule School in Konstanz since 1976.
- Nell Tiger Free, actress
- Keira Knightley, actress
- Bill Milner, actor
- Sean Pertwee, actor
- Tony Heagren, photographer
- Lenny Pidgeley, professional footballer
- The old uniform can be seen in the cinema film The Wild Geese (1978), in which pupils from the school staged a rugby match for two of the film's scenes.
- "Ofsted dashboard Teddington School. Published March 9, 2014.
- "Schools Timeline". Kids. The Twickenham Museum. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- "School History, Sacred Heart Primary School". Sacred Heart Primary School. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- 'Ceremony marks half-way point in Teddington School rebuild', 'Your Local Guardian', 3 June 2009. http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/richmondnews/4418176.Ceremony_marks_halfway_point_in_Teddington_School_rebuild/
- "Teddington School celebrates 40 exchange programme" Richmond and Twickenham Times, 4 November 2016.
- Neil Norman (9 July 2006). "Keira Knightley: Hungry for Success". The Independent. London. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- Weeks, Richard (27 April 2009). "Keeping Cool". Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- Evening News Archive "This is York" 8 October 1999