Kristiansen, at left, at the Man of Action panel at the 2012 New York Comic Con.
|Born||29 July 1964(age 56)|
|It's a Bird|
|Awards||2005 Eisner Award|
Teddy Kristiansen (born 29 July 1964) is a Danish comic book artist, known for his work in mystery, horror, and dark, suspense-filled comics. He drew one chapter of "The Kindly Ones" story arc in Neil Gaiman's The Sandman series. In 2005, Kristiansen won an Eisner Award for Best Comics Painter for his work on the Superman Graphic Novel It's a Bird. Kristiansen was also featured in DC's 8th issue of Solo.
- Superman og Fredsbomben, Interpresse (Copenhagen, Denmark, 1990)
- Superman in Europa, Baldakijn Boeken (Amsterdam/Bussum, Netherlands, 1990)
- Supermann i Norge, Semic Comics (Oslo, Norway, 1990)
- Stålmannen i Stockholm, Carlsen Comics (Stockholm, Sweden, 1990)
- Teräsmies: Supersankari Helsingissä!, Semic Comics (Helsinki, Finland, 1990)
- Superman y la Bomba de la Paz, Ediciones Zinco (Barcelona, Spain, 1991)
- Superman e Il Pacificatore, Corto Maltese Magazine #102, Vol. 10 #3, Rizzoli Milano Libri Edizioni (Milan, Italy, March 1992)
- House of Secrets 1-25 (DC Comics: Vertigo, 1996-1998)
- Sandman Midnight Theatre One-Shot Graphic Novel (DC Comics: Vertigo, 1995)
- Batman Black and White #3 (DC Comics, 1996)
- House of Secrets: Facade #1-2 (DC Comics: Vertigo, 2001)
- The Dreaming 36-39 (DC Comics: Vertigo)
- Superman: Metropolis #6-10 (DC Comics, 2003)
- It's a Bird (DC Comics, 2004)
- Solo #8 (DC Comics, 2005)
- Grendel Tales Four Devils, One Hell (Dark Horse Comics)
- Genius, written by Steven T. Seagle (First Second)
Awards and nominations
- 1989-1990, Tegneseriekonvents Award Winner - Best Colored Danish Cartoon: Superman og Fredsbomben (Interpresse)
- 1993, Will Eisner Awards Nominee - Best Painter/Multimedia Artist: Tarzan: Love, Lies, and the Lost City (Malibu)
- 1994, Will Eisner Awards Nominee - Best Painter/Multimedia Artist: Grendel Tales: Four Devils, One Hell (Dark Horse)
- 1996, Will Eisner Awards Nominee - Best Painter/Multimedia Artist: Bacchus Color Special (Dark Horse)
- 2005, Will Eisner Awards Winner - Best Painter/Multimedia Artist (Interior Art): It's a Bird (Vertigo/DC)[circular reference]
- 2013, Will Eisner Awards Nominee - Best Painter/Multimedia Artist: The Red Diary/The RE[a]D Diary (Man of Action/Image)
- Bender, Hy (1999). The Sandman Companion. DC Comics. p. 269. ISBN 978-1563894657.
- Burgas, Greg (January 7, 2013). "Comics You Should Own – Sandman". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on April 10, 2014.
- Irvine, Alex (2008), "It's a Bird...", in Dougall, Alastair (ed.), The Vertigo Encyclopedia, New York: Dorling Kindersley, pp. 98–99, ISBN 0-7566-4122-5, OCLC 213309015
- List of Eisner Award winners#Best Painter/Multimedia Artist (Interior Art)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Teddy Kristiansen.|
- Teddy Kristiansen at Blogger
- Official website
- Teddy Kristiansen at the Comic Book DB (archived from the original)
- Biography on tegneseriemuseet.dk (scroll down for English text).
|This profile of a European comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Danish artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|