Teddy Wayne is an American novelist and author of Loner, The Love Song of Jonny Valentine, and Kapitoil. He is the winner of a Whiting Writers’ Award and an NEA Creative Writing Fellowship. Wayne writes a column for The New York Times, Future Tense, and is a frequent contributor to The New Yorker, McSweeney's, and many other publications.
See also the article lists in External Links.
- Kapitoil. Harper Perennial. 2010.
- The love song of Jonny Valentine. Free Press. 2013.
- Loner. Simon & Schuster. 2016.
Essays and reporting
- "I work hard and I play soft". Shouts & Murmurs. The New Yorker. 89 (6): 51. March 25, 2013.
- "The Saccharine Method". Shouts & Murmurs. The New Yorker. 89 (47): 32. February 3, 2014.
Critical studies and reviews of Wayne's work
- Corrigan, Maureen (September 14, 2016). "A First Year College Student Finds Himself Outclassed In 'Loner'". NPR.
- Kreizman, Maris (September 13, 2016). "Teddy Wayne's Loner Sheds Light on the Plight of All the Sad, Insecure Young Men". Esquire.
- 2010 National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship
- 2011 Young Lions Fiction Award finalist
- 2011 PEN/Bingham Prize runner-up
- 2011 Dayton Literary Peace Prize finalist
- 2011 Whiting Award
- Daniel D'Addario. "It's His World, We're Just Living in It: Teddy Wayne's Saga of a Pre-Teen Pop Star Is Justin Bieber Gone Existential". The New York Observer. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Mike Sacks. "With Kapitoil, Teddy Wayne Invents—and Perfects!—the Pre-9/11 Novel". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Stranger in a strange land". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "'Kapitoil' review: Adventures in narration: A first novel follows a grand tradition". The Oregonian. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Debut Novel 'Kapitoil' Produces a Surprisingly Likable Jewess - Sisterhood". The Forward. 14 April 2010. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Alyssa Bereznak. "The Love Song of Jonny Valentine Author Teddy Wayne on Justin Bieber's Meltdown and James Franco Reading His Novel". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Teddy Wayne". Arts.gov. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Young Lions Award List of Winners and Finalists". The New York Public Library. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize for Debut Fiction Winners - PEN America". PEN America. 2016-05-03. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- LLC, D. Verne Morland, Digital Stationery International,. "Dayton Literary Peace Prize - Press Release Announcing the 2011 Finalist for Fiction and Nonfiction Awards". www.daytonliterarypeaceprize.org. Retrieved 2018-02-10.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Teddy Wayne | WHITING AWARDS". www.whiting.org. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Teddy Wayne.|