Teen Angel (1989 TV series)
|Genre||Fantasy serial drama|
|Created by||The Walt Disney Company|
|Written by||Kris Young|
|Directed by||Max Reid|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Running time||45–48 minutes|
|Production company(s)||The Disney Channel|
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
|Original release||April 24 –|
May 22, 1989
|Followed by||Teen Angel Returns|
|Related shows||The All-New Mickey Mouse Club|
Teen Angel is an American teen fantasy serial drama series that aired on The Disney Channel. Starring Jason Priestley, the series was first broadcast on The All-New Mickey Mouse Club (MMC) on April 24, 1989, and ended its run on May 22, 1989.
Priestley stars as a 1950s teenage guardian angel named Buzz Gunderson who was killed in a car wreck in 1959. Buzz was given various assignments and tasks he was to complete in order to get into heaven.
Sequel: Teen Angel Returns
Teen Angel was followed by a sequel series, Teen Angel Returns, also starring Priestley and future Beverly Hills, 90210 co-star Jennie Garth, which aired from October 2 to October 22, 1989. Theme for both series was from the recording by Mark Dinning. Parts of the series were filmed in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Jason Priestley - as Buzz Gunderson
- Adam Biesk - as Dennis Mullen
- Nancy Borgenicht as Mrs. Henderson
- Hunter Mackenzie Austin - as Carolyn
- Renee O'Connor - as Nancy Nichols
- Sasha Jenson - as Jason
- Teen Angel (1997 TV series) – a comedy take on a similar plot, aired on ABC
- Out of the Blue (1979 TV series) – one of many spin-off sitcoms connected to the sitcom Happy Days
- Smith, David (1996). Disney A to Z : The Official Encyclopedia. Hyperion Books. p. 656. ISBN 0-7868-8149-6.
- The Disney Channel Magazine, Vol. 7, no. 5, September/October 1989: p. 47.
- D'Arc, James V. (2010). When Hollywood came to town: a history of moviemaking in Utah (1st ed.). Layton, Utah: Gibbs Smith. ISBN 9781423605874.
|This article relating to a drama television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|