|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008)|
|Origin||Laramie, Wyoming, USA|
|Genres||Punk rock, skate punk, pop punk|
|Labels||Rise, Fat Wreck Chords, Red Scare, One Legged Pup, Adeline|
|Associated acts||The Lillingtons, Homeless Wonders|
|Past members||Zach Doe
The band was formed by twin brothers Ray and Brandon Carlisle, following the dissolution of their previous band, Homeless Wonders, in 2000. Their music is heavily influenced by co-singer/guitarist Kody Templeman's other band, The Lillingtons, and punk rock acts such as Screeching Weasel, The Ramones, Bouncing Souls, and Misfits.
Originally consisting of Ray (bass/vocals), Brandon (drums), and Zach Doe (guitar), the band released their debut EP A Bomb on a Laramie communal label, One Legged Pup, and distributed through Lost Cat Records, in 2002. Soon after, Doe left and went back to Chicago, leaving the twins without a guitarist until they found University of Wyoming Music Major Joel Pattinson. In 2003 they wrote and recorded their first full-length LP Another Way, also released on One Legged Pup. The release was vinyl only (the first 500 on pink vinyl), released on Halloween night 2003. The band continued to play and promote numerous local shows, even landing some opening spots in Laramie with All and The Ataris. The band was to embark on a short summer tour of the midwest in 2004. When Pattinson couldn't make the trip due to his obligations to the University Orchestra, the Carlisles called up their old friend Kody Templeman to play guitar on the tour. The tour went well, and they ended up playing some of the new songs that Kody had written. By the end of the tour, he was a permanent member of the band, although he has continued living in his hometown of Newcastle, 246 miles away from the rest of the band.
In late 2004 and early 2005 the band recorded their Red Scare debut full length, Total which contains dual vocals from Ray and Kody. After Total was released, the Groovie Ghoulies took notice of the band, and offered them a spot on their Space Station stage at the Vans Warped Tour. Soon after, the Ghoulies decided to drop Warped Tour, and embark with Bottlerocket, and The Teenage Harlets on the Teen Kicks Tour 2005. They would go on to play shows with The Methadones, Chixdiggit, and The Mr. T Experience. In the winter of 2005/2006 they embarked on their European Vacation Tour with Lee Hartney playing third guitar. In the summer of 2006, Bottlerocket embarked on another nationwide tour, this time with Fat Wreck Chords new wave act, the Epoxies.
On December 28, 2007, the band filmed their first music video, for the song In The Basement from the new album Warning Device out on Red Scare Records.
On February 10, 2009 Teenage Bottlerocket was signed to Fat Wreck Chords. Their first album for the label, titled They Came from the Shadows, was released on September 15, 2009. They followed up the release with tours with NOFX, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.
Two releases came in 2011. In March, Red Scare released their first album, Another Way, on CD for the first time in a deluxe edition with other previous vinyl-only tracks. In April, Fat Wreck Chords released an EP, Mutilate Me, their second release on Fat Wreck which includes a Bad Religion cover. In 2012, the band released their fifth studio album, Freak Out!, again on Fat Wreck Chords. and in 2013 after a long euro tour with Danish metal band Volbeat, and Florida band Iced Earth they released a German themed ep named 'American Deutsch Bag'.
In June of 2014, the band announced that they had signed with Rise Records. In 2015 they released Tales From Wyoming on rise records with two singles including "Haunted House" and "They Call Me Steve".
- Ray Carlisle - vocals, guitar (previously bass)
- Kody Templeman - vocals, guitar
- Miguel Chen - bass
- Brandon Carlisle - drums
- Zach Doe - guitar
- Joel Pattinson - guitar
- Another Way (2003)
- Total (2005)
- Warning Device (2008)
- They Came from the Shadows (2009)
- Freak Out! (2012)
- Tales From Wyoming (2015)
- Teenage Bottlerocket/Bill the Welder (2005, with Bill the Welder)
- Teenage Bottlerocket/Prototipes (2005, with Prototipes)
- Teenage Bottlerocket/Broadway Calls (2008, with Broadway Calls)
- Under the Influence, Volume 4 (2008, with The Ergs!)
- AMP Magazine Presents, Vol. 4: Punk Pop (2005)
- Features "Radio" from Total
- PROTECT: A Benefit for the National Association to Protect Children (2005)
- Features "So Far Away" from Total
- Take Action! Vol. 5 (2006)
- Features an exclusive version of "Pull the Plug", an outtake from Total
- I Killed Punk Rock (2006)
- Features "So Cool" from Total
- Pop Punk's Not Dead (2007)
- Features "So Cool" from Total
- Punk Rock Generation, Vol. 2 (2007)
- Features "Blood Bath at Burger King" from Total
- Insubordination Fest 2007 (2007)
- Features a live version of "Radio" from Total
- Untitled 21: A Juvenile Tribute to the Swingin' Utters (2010)
- Features the exclusive "London Drunk"
- Fat Music Vol. 7: Harder, Fatter + Louder! (2010)
- Features "Skate or Die" from They Came from the Shadows.
- The Songs of Tony Sly: A Tribute (2013)
- Features "Via Munich"
- "In the Basement" (2007)
- "Skate or Die" (2009)
- "Bigger Than Kiss" (2009)
- "She's Not The One" (2011)
- "Headbanger" (2012)
- "Cruising for Chicks" (2012)
- "Freak Out" (2013)
- "Haunted House" (2015)
- "They Call Me Steve" (2015)
- Official Site
- Red Scare
- Teenage Bottlerocket on Myspace
- Teenage Bottlerocket discography at MusicBrainz