This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Laramie, Wyoming, United States|
|Genres||Punk rock, skate punk, pop punk|
|Labels||Rise, Fat Wreck Chords, Red Scare, One Legged Pup, Adeline|
|Associated acts||The Lillingtons, Homeless Wonders|
The band was formed by twin brothers Ray and Brandon Carlisle, following the dissolution of their previous band, Homeless Wonders, in 2000. The band's music is heavily influenced by guitarist/co-vocalist Kody Templeman's other band, The Lillingtons, and punk rock acts such as Ramones, Screeching Weasel, Green Day, Bouncing Souls, and Misfits.
On November 7, 2015, drummer Brandon Carlisle died unexpectedly after a brief hospitalization.
Originally consisting of Ray (bass, vocals), Brandon (drums), and Zach Doe (guitar), the band released its debut EP A Bomb on a Laramie communal label, One Legged Pup, and distributed through Lost Cat Records, in 2002. Soon after, Doe left and went back to Chicago, leaving the twins without a guitarist until they found University of Wyoming Music Major Joel Pattinson. In 2003 the band members wrote and recorded their first full-length LP Another Way, also released on One Legged Pup. The release was vinyl only (the first 500 on pink vinyl), released on Halloween night 2003. The band continued to play and promote numerous local shows, even landing some opening spots in Laramie with All and The Ataris. The band was to embark on a short summer tour of the midwest in 2004. When Pattinson could not make the trip due to his obligations to the University Orchestra, the Carlisles called up their old friend Kody Templeman (lead singer in The Lillingtons) to play guitar on the tour. The tour went well, and the band ended up playing some of the new songs that Kody had written. By the end of the tour, he was a permanent member of the band, although he has continued living in his hometown of Newcastle, 246 miles away from the rest of the band.
In late 2004 and early 2005 the band recorded its Red Scare debut full length, Total which contains dual vocals from Ray and Kody. After Total was released, the Groovie Ghoulies took notice of the band, and offered the group a spot on the Space Station stage at the Vans Warped Tour. Soon after, the Ghoulies decided to drop Warped Tour, and embark with Bottlerocket, and The Teenage Harlets on the Teen Kicks Tour 2005. The band would go on to play shows with The Methadones, Chixdiggit, and The Mr. T Experience. In the winter of 2005/2006 the group embarked on its European Vacation Tour. In the summer of 2006, Bottlerocket embarked on another nationwide tour, this time with Fat Wreck Chords new wave act, the Epoxies.
On December 28, 2007, the band filmed its first music video, for the song In The Basement from the new album Warning Device out on Red Scare Industries.
On February 10, 2009 Teenage Bottlerocket was signed to Fat Wreck Chords. The group's first album for the label, titled They Came from the Shadows, was released on September 15, 2009. The group followed up the release with tours with NOFX, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.
Two releases came in 2011. In March, Red Scare released the band's first album, Another Way, on CD for the first time in a deluxe edition with other previous vinyl-only tracks. In April, Fat Wreck Chords released an EP, Mutilate Me, the group's second release on Fat Wreck which includes a Bad Religion cover. In 2012, the band released its fifth studio album, Freak Out!, again on Fat Wreck Chords. and in 2013 after a long euro tour with Danish metal band Volbeat, and Florida band Iced Earth, the band released a German themed EP named 'American Deutsch Bag'. Volbeat covered the band's song Rebound on their album Seal The Deal & Let's Boogie.
In June 2014, the band members announced that the group had signed with Rise Records. In 2015, the band released Tales From Wyoming on Rise Records with two singles including "Haunted House" and "They Call Me Steve".
On November 3, 2015, drummer Brandon Carlisle was found unresponsive in his Fort Collins home by his roommate. On November 7, the band's Twitter page confirmed he had died in his sleep the night before after being taken off life support.
On January 18 2016, Darren Chewka of Old Wives was announced as the band's new drummer.
Teenage Bottlerocket returned to Fat Wreck Chords in 2017, releasing Stealing The Covers, a full-length album consisting entirely of cover songs by obscure bands. A 7-inch, Goin' Back to Wyo', was released in conjunction with Stealing The Covers, and consisted of two new original songs.
- Another Way (2003)
- Total (2005)
- Warning Device (2008)
- They Came from the Shadows (2009)
- Freak Out! (2012)
- Tales from Wyoming (2015)
- Stealing The Covers (2017)
- Live in '06 (2007)
- A-Bomb (2002)
- Mutilate Me (2011)
- Ice Age / Walked in Line (2012)
- American Deutsch Bag (2013)
- In My Youth (2017)
- Goin' Back to Wyo (2017)
- Teenage Bottlerocket/Bill the Welder (2005, with Bill the Welder)
- Teenage Bottlerocket/Prototipes (2005, with Prototipes)
- Teenage Bottlerocket/Broadway Calls (2008, with Broadway Calls)
- Under the Influence, Volume 4 (2008, with The Ergs!)
- AMP Magazine Presents, Vol. 4: Punk Pop (2005)
- Features "Radio" from Total
- Protect: A Benefit for the National Association to Protect Children (2005)
- Features "So Far Away" from Total
- Take Action! Vol. 5 (2006)
- Features an exclusive version of "Pull the Plug", an outtake from Total
- I Killed Punk Rock (2006)
- Features "So Cool" from Total
- Pop Punk's Not Dead (2007)
- Features "So Cool" from Total
- Punk Rock Generation, Vol. 2 (2007)
- Features "Blood Bath at Burger King" from Total
- Insubordination Fest 2007 (2007)
- Features a live version of "Radio" from Total
- Untitled 21: A Juvenile Tribute to the Swingin' Utters (2010)
- Features the exclusive "London Drunk"
- Fat Music Vol. 7: Harder, Fatter + Louder! (2010)
- Features "Skate or Die" from They Came from the Shadows.
- The Songs of Tony Sly: A Tribute (2013)
- Features "Via Munich"
- Red Scare Industries: 10 Years of Your Dumb Bullshit (2014)
- Features "TV Set"
- "In the Basement" (2007)
- "Skate or Die" (2009)
- "Bigger Than Kiss" (2009)
- "She's Not The One" (2011)
- "Headbanger" (2012)
- "Cruising for Chicks" (2012)
- "Freak Out" (2013)
- "Haunted House" (2015)
- "They Call Me Steve" (2015)
- "Dead Saturday" (2015)
- "Why the Big Pause" (2017)
- "Interviews: Teenage Bottlerocket". Punknews.org. 2005-10-15. Retrieved 2015-11-07.
-  Archived September 7, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Featured Content on Myspace". Blogs.myspace.com. Retrieved 2015-11-07.
- "Bands: Fat Wreck Chords". Fatwreck.com. Retrieved 2015-11-07.
- "Music: Teenage Bottlerocket: "Skate or Die"". Punknews.org. 2009-09-15. Retrieved 2015-11-07.
- "TEENAGE BOTTLEROCKET Freak Out!! - News: Fat Wreck Chords". Fatwreck.com. Retrieved 2015-11-07.
- "Signs to Rise Records!". Teenage Bottlerocket. 2014-06-24. Retrieved 2015-11-07.
- "Teenage Bottlerocket (@teenbottlerock) | Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 2015-11-07.