Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV series) (season 3)
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (season 3)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Original release||October 3, 2014– September 27, 2015|
The third season tells the story of the Turtles, April O'Neil and Casey Jones, who are required to abandon their lair in the New York City sewers to Northampton, Massachusetts, to their eventual return home and driving out the Kraang and undo their hold on the hundreds of mutated humans.
Jason Biggs departed the role of Leonardo after the 19th episode of season 2 and was temporarily replaced by Dominic Catrambone. Seth Green assumed the role beginning in season 3; in the show's universe, the change of voice was explained due to Leonardo having wounded his vocal cords. At San Diego Comic-Con International 2014, new characters such as the Dream Beavers and Napoleon Bonafrog would be making appearances. Actor Robbie Rist, who previously voiced Michelangelo in the first three films, voiced Mondo Gecko in the season. Renae Jacobs, who voiced April O'Neil in the 1987–1996 television series, guest-starred as Mrs. O'Neil and an alien.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||Prod.|
|53||1||"Within the Woods"||Sebastian Montes||Brandon Auman||October 3, 2014||301||1.98|
Three months after being driven out of New York and narrowly escaping from Shredder and the Kraang, the gang take shelter at April's family farmhouse in Northampton, Massachusetts to recover and figure out how to stop the Kraang. The Turtles also deal with not having Splinter around, the possibility of Leo not making a full recovery, and a mysterious creature that is stalking the group.Note: Starting with this episode, Leonardo is voiced by Seth Green. This change in voice actor is explained in-universe as the result of damage to Leo's voicebox.
|54||2||"A Foot Too Big"||Michael Chang||Doug Langdale||October 10, 2014||302||1.71|
|After Donatello once again tries to impress April (this time with a music box), he discovers and befriends Bigfoot, who is being hunted by a collector named The Finger. Donatello then convinces the others to help protect it. However, Bigfoot (who is a girl) grows to have a crush on Donatello and tries to win him over. Donatello realizes that Bigfoot liking him has the same effect as him liking April.|
|55||3||"Buried Secrets"||Alan Wan||Mark Henry||October 17, 2014||303||2.87|
|The Turtles discover a lost Kraang scout ship under the house and find April's lost mother. However, Mikey has suspicions that April's mother may not be who she appears to be. Even though no one believes him, they soon learn that she is actually a Kraang creature infused with the real Mrs. O'Neil's human DNA and memories.|
|56||4||"The Croaking"||Michael Chang||Kevin Burke and Chris "Doc" Wyatt||November 7, 2014||304||2.07|
After getting in trouble for trashing the house, Michelangelo gets upset and flees. After meeting a member of the Punk Frogs named Napoleon Bonafrog, he unknowingly joins them in a plan to capture the humans and take over the nearby city.Napoleon Dynamite star Jon Heder guest stars
|57||5||"In Dreams"||Sebastian Montes||Doug Langdale||November 14, 2014||305||2.35|
|When the Turtles are trapped in their dreams by a brotherhood of outer-dimensional beings called the Dream Beavers, April tries to wake them up using her inherent psionic abilities, and Casey goes to find a man who holds the key to stopping the Beavers from draining the Turtles' life-force.|
|58||6||"Race with the Demon!"||Alan Wan||Gavin Hignight||November 21, 2014||306||1.94|
|Casey and Donatello must put aside their differences and work together to build a hot rod when a mutant car called Speed Demon endangers them and their friends.|
|59||7||"Eyes of the Chimera"||Michael Chang||Greg Weisman||January 11, 2015||307||1.85|
|When a mutant Chimera (created by mutagen combining a falcon, a fish that it caught, and a worm that was in the fish's mouth) is created by Speed Demon's mutagen (from the previous episode), it kidnaps Casey, Raph, Mikey and Donnie, leaving April and Leo to stop it while overcoming their own disabilities; which is made even more difficult when April's mental link with the Chimera allows her to see through its eyes and feel its pain.|
|60||8||"Vision Quest"||Sebastian Montes||Todd Casey||January 18, 2015||308||2.67|
|When the Turtles go to train in the woods to make them all more one with nature, they are visited by a spiritual manifestation of Splinter, who informs them that they must overcome their weaknesses by facing off against their enemies in a vision quest to prepare themselves for their return to New York.|
|61||9||"Return to New York"||Alan Wan||Brandon Auman||January 25, 2015||309||3.85|
|Upon returning home to New York City, the Turtles discover that the city has been overrun with Kraang Droids and Foot Bots. As they travel through the Kraang filled city, they find out that Splinter is suffering amnesia due to the injuries he got from his battle with Shredder. Splinter is then captured by the Foot Clan and held hostage by Stockman-Fly and three Shredder Mutants created from the DNA of Shredder and some crustaceans.|
|62||10||"Serpent Hunt"||Michael Chang||Randolph Heard||February 1, 2015||310||4.10|
|As Splinter feels disheartened without Karai back in the family, the Turtles search for her, but are confronted by Zeck and Steranko, who are also looking for Karai to exchange to Shredder for protection from the Kraang populace.|
|63||11||"The Pig and the Rhino"||Alan Wan||Brandon Auman||March 8, 2015||311||3.81|
|After Donnie finishes a new batch of retro-mutagen in hopes of returning Karai back to normal, the Turtles set out with April and Casey to search for her again. They find themselves being hunted by Zeck and Steranko (who were mutated by Shredder into the warthog and white rhinoceros mutants "Bebop and Rocksteady" at the end of the last episode) where they are sent to find Karai again as well.|
|"Battle for New York"||Michael Chang and Sebastian Montes||Brandon Auman and Mark Henry||March 15, 2015||312|
Part One: When the Turtles encounter a Kraang resistance team of mutants called "the Mighty Mutanimals" (consisting of Slash, Leatherhead, Dr. Tyler Rockwell's monkey form, and Pigeon Pete and backed by Jack J. Kurtzman), Leo and Slash butt heads over how to carry out a mission when Kraang Sub-Prime leads the Kraang in a plot to mutate the entire Earth with a giant mutagen-filled missile.
Part Two: Working together alongside the Mighty Mutanimals, the Turtles must brave the bizarre, upside-down world of Dimension X to bring home the enslaved people of New York while fighting Kraang Sub-Prime and Mrs. Campbell.
|66||14||"Casey Jones vs the Underworld"||Sebastian Montes||Andrew Robinson||March 22, 2015||314||2.01|
|Livid for being left behind by the Turtles to save New York with the Mighty Mutanimals (from the previous episode), Casey tries to prove that he can take on the criminal underworld on his own. However, he discovers that he is in way over his head, when the Shredder gets Manhattan's criminal underworld on the Foot Clan's side. Casey also goes head to head with the Purple Dragon's new and official leader Hun, as the Foot Clan plans to use a factory in the Purple Dragon's territory to further the Foot Clan's latest plot.|
|67||15||"The Noxious Avenger"||Alan Wan||Todd Casey||April 26, 2015||315||1.94|
|When Garson Grunge, a humble garbage man who had encounters with several mutants during his career as a sewer worker, is accidentally mutated into the garbage mutant "Muckman" during a face-off between the Turtles and Bebop and Rocksteady, he gains notoriety as New York City's "Monster Hero" after he saves a man from the Purple Dragons. However, Muckman blames the Turtles for his mutation. The Turtles' situation is complicated further not only when Splinter grounds them for getting caught by a news crew that was following Muckman, but also when Bebop and Rocksteady trick Muckman into helping them find an ingredient for a mind-control serum.|
|68||16||"Clash of the Mutanimals"||Michael Chang||Henry Gilroy||May 3, 2015||316||2.03|
|With his mind-control serum completed, Shredder kidnaps Slash, Dr. Tyler Rockwell's mutant form, and Raphael, and uses them as his hypnotized slaves to kill both the Turtles and the Mutanimals.|
|69||17||"Meet Mondo Gecko"||Sebastian Montes||Kevin Burke and Chris "Doc" Wyatt||May 10, 2015||317||1.90|
|While hanging out together, Michelangelo and Casey meet a skateboarding leopard gecko mutant "Mondo Gecko". While Mikey makes quick friends with the mutant, Casey is suspicious of Mondo's true intentions as he is an errand person for Mr. X (an alias of Fishface).|
|70||18||"The Deadly Venom"||Alan Wan||Eugene Son||May 17, 2015||318||1.97|
|With Karai brainwashed by Shredder's mind-control serum she begins hunting and poisoning the Turtles as well as April and Casey. Splinter teaches Leonardo a special healing mantra that can effectively counteract the potentially lethal venom of Snake Karai.|
|71||19||"Turtles in Time"||Michael Chang||Randolph Heard||August 2, 2015||319||1.87|
|When the Turtles encounter a clumsy Time Master in Training named Renet, they must help her in retrieving her time-controlling scepter from an evil Mutant Time Master known as Savanti Romero, in Medieval England.|
|72||20||"Tale of the Yokai"||Sebastian Montes||Brandon Auman||August 9, 2015||320||2.27|
Now trapped sixteen years in Tokyo, Japan's not-too-disant past, after an accident with Renet's Time Scepter, the Turtles encounter a sixteen-year younger Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki, in the middle of their escalated rivalry over Tang Shen's heart, and the infant Miwa's stolen life and future as Karai.Guest Star: Minae Noji as Tang Shen.
|73||21||"Attack of the Mega Shredder!"||Alan Wan||Gavin Hignight||August 16, 2015||321||1.98|
|The Turtles attempt to steal one of the Shredder's Worms in order to make a cure for the Mind-Control Serum, only for them to face Shredder's biggest mutant yet.|
|74||22||"The Creeping Doom"||Michael Chang||Peter Di Cicco||August 23, 2015||322||3.17|
|After Michelangelo fools around in his lab, an accident causes Donatello's Intelligence to drop rapidly, as well as revive both the Creep, and Snakeweed.|
|75||23||"The Fourfold Trap"||Sebastian Montes||Mark Henry||September 13, 2015||323||1.87|
|After being kidnapped by the hypnotized Karai, the Turtles are placed in deadly traps that they must work together in order to escape. Splinter, in his efforts to save the turtles, is forced to face his daughter, Karai, in order to free her from Shredder's mind control.|
|76||24||"Dinosaur Seen in Sewers!"||Michael Chang||Todd Casey||September 20, 2015||324||2.12|
|Raphael meets and "befriends" a delusional Alien Dinosaur known as Zog, the Triceraton. However, after it attacks the Mutanimals, and is reputable for being feared by the Kraang, is there more to the savage alien dinosaur than meets the eye?|
|"Annihilation: Earth!"||Sebastian Montes and Alan Wan||Brandon Auman||September 27, 2015||325|
Part One: After learning that the Earth is in danger of being invaded by both the Kraang in their repaired Technodrome and the Triceraton Empire, the Turtles, April, Casey, Leatherhead, and a Kraang rebel known as "Bishop" must work together to take out the Technodrome before the Triceratons arrive and wipe out the Earth.
Part Two: Even after recruiting the Mutanimals and some old friends to help them, with Michelangelo kidnapped, and time running out for the Earth, the Turtles must stage a rescue for their youngest brother from the Triceraton Empire. Meanwhile, Splinter and the Shredder are forced to form an uneasy alliance to stop the Triceratons from activating a device that creates a lethal Black Hole that will swallow all of Earth.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "Nickelodeon Orders 'Breadwinners' - Renews 'Ninja Turtles'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- "Jason Biggs replaced by Seth Green as voice of Leonardo on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series". Metro.co.uk. 2014-06-19. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
Rumours have been circulating in recent weeks as to Biggs' future in the hit animated franchise, with Dominic Catrambone voicing the character in recent episodes.
- "Nickelodeon Renews 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' for Season 4 (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "SDCC 2014: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Go Topside for Comic-Con". IGN.com. 2014-07-26. Retrieved 2014-09-26.
- Nicholson, Max (October 18, 2014). "TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: "BURIED SECRETS" REVIEW". IGN. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- Higgins, D (February 2, 2015). "New this week: Black Sails, Selling Houses Australia, Big Cat Week and Snowboarding World Cup". The Green Room. Foxtel. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- "Shows A-Z – teenage mutant ninja turtles on nickelodeon". The Futon Critic. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Friday Final Ratings: Modest Return for 'Last Man Standing'". TV Media Insights. October 6, 2014. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Friday Final Ratings: Respectable Start for 'Cristela'". TV Media Insights. October 13, 2014. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank', 'Blue Bloods' Share Leadership". TV Media Insights. October 20, 2014. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- Son of the Bronx (November 10, 2014). "Friday Final Nationals: CBS, ABC Share Night's Top Honors - TV Media Insights - TV Ratings & News - Network TV Show Reviews and Daily Ratings". TV Media Insights. Retrieved November 11, 2014.
- Pucci, Douglas (November 18, 2014). "Friday Final Nationals: ABC Wins; 'Hollywood Film Awards' Stumbles on CBS". TV Media Insights. Retrieved November 19, 2014.
- Pucci, Douglas (November 24, 2014). "Friday Final Nationals: Carol Burnett Lifts CBS's 'Hawaii Five-0′ to Biggest Viewership Since March 2014". TV Media Insights. Retrieved November 25, 2014.
- Sunday Cable Finals (Report). Nielsen Media Research. January 13, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (January 21, 2015). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' & 'UFC Fight Night' Win Night, 'Shameless', 'The Librarians', 'Total Divas', 'Girls' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 27, 2015). "Sunday Cable Ratings: Pro Bowl Tops Night + 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'Sons of Liberty', 'Shameless' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 28, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (February 3, 2015). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'NFL Primetime' Wins Night, 'Mike Tyson Mysteries', 'Puppy Bowl', 'Shameless', 'Kitten Bowl' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- Pucci, Douglas (March 10, 2015). "Sunday Final Nationals: CBS, ABC and Fox Share Broadcast Network Leadership". TV Media Insights. Cross MediaWorks. Retrieved March 11, 2015. Note: Pertinent information found in comments.
- Bibel, Sara (March 17, 2015). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Wins Night, 'Talking Dead', 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians', 'Shameless', 'The Royals' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 24, 2015). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Tops Night + 'Talking Dead', 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta', NCAA Basketball + More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- SONOFTHEBRONX (April 28, 2015). "Sunday Final Nationals: ABC's 'Secrets and Lies' Scores Series-High Among Adults 18-49". TV Media Insights. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- SONOFTHEBRONX (May 5, 2015). "Sunday Final Nationals: 'Secrets and Lies' on ABC Reaches Ratings Zeniths with Season Finale". TV Media Insights. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (May 12, 2015). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Game of Thrones' Wins Night, NBA Playoffs, 'Silicon Valley', 'Mad Men', 'The Royals', 'Veep' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 12, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (May 19, 2015). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 5.17.2015". Show Buzz Daily. Retrieved May 20, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (August 4, 2015). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Rick and Morty' & 'Naked and Afraid XL', Win Night, 'True Detective', 'The Last Ship', 'Ballers', 'The Strain', 'Ray Donovan' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (August 11, 2015). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 8.9.2015". Show Buzz Daily. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (August 18, 2015). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Naked and Afraid XL' Wins Night, 'Rick & Morty', 'Ballers', 'The Last Ship', 'The Strain', 'Ray Donovan' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (August 25, 2015). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 8.23.2015". Show Buzz Daily. Retrieved August 25, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (September 15, 2015). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Sunday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 9.13.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 22, 2015). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Fear The Walking Dead' Tops Night + 'NFL Countdown', 'Rick & Morty', 'Basketball Wives', 'The Strain' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- Dixon, Dani (September 29, 2015). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Fear The Walking Dead' Tops Night + 'Rick & Morty', 'Basketball Wives', 'The Strain' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 29, 2015.