Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV series) (season 5)
|Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||20|
Nickelodeon (episodes 1–10; 18–20)|
Nicktoons (episodes 11–17)
|Original release||March 19– November 12, 2017|
Following Splinter's death and the Super Shredder's destruction at the hands of Leonardo, the Turtles, April O'Neil, Casey Jones and Karai have all moved on with their daily lives as Leo is given even greater responsibility as sensei in Splinter's request. However, Tiger Claw and an underground cult dedicated only to the Foot Clan have plans to bring back the Shredder with the help of a demodragon named Kavaxas. But through the eyes of the Turtles and the Foot, not all is as seems when Kavaxas reveals his true colors after bringing back the Super Shredder back to life in the form of an undead zombie.
Raphael's Salamandrian girlfriend, Mona Lisa and their friend, Sal Commander arrived on Earth asking the Turtles in their aid to find the Newtralizer, who is in search of the Utroms to destroy them. It is later revealed that the Newtralizer was working with Lord Dregg, who had cheated his death from the Triceratons while swearing his revenge on the Turtles. He launched his original invasion of the Salamandrian home world Salamandria, putting Mona Lisa and Sal Commander on a goose chase with the Newtralizer all the way to his new living command ship, reveling in the fact he could now get his revenge on both the Turtles and the Salamandrians by taking over Earth and using the human population for his own malicious intent in the form of Vreen eggs.
In another dimension inhabited by anthropomorphic animals in Feudal Japan, a lone rabbit ronin named Miyamoto Usagi has been given a task to protect an unpleasant Pug named Kintaro, who is deemed as the "Golden Child" of the Sky Buddha. Meanwhile, the gray wolf wizard Jei transports the turtles into his reality as unknowing hitmen to stop Usagi from ever reaching the Temple of the Sky Buddha. With nowhere else to go, the Turtles allied themselves with Usagi himself to take Kintaro to the Temple before Jei can prepare for his endgame.
A flashback shows how Splinter and the four Turtles as babies founded their underground lair while being pursued by the Kraang. Of such after his victory, Splinter has been given a second chance of fatherhood by naming the infant Turtles after his favorite Italian artists of the Renaissance.
In an alternate post-apocalyptic future, humanity has been wiped out by an extremely powerful mutagen bomb. A weathered Raphael and Metalhead containing Donatello's consciousness scour a wasteland that was once their home of New York City. They encounter a meerkat named Mira who is hunted by a honey badger named Verminator Rex and his gang of bikers. Mira reveals a map imprinted on her arm that leads to a haven called "The Green Paradise".
During Halloween, the Turtles and their time-traveling ally, Renet, are reunited with their enemy, Savanti Romero as he plans to turn all of New York City into a monster-filled dystopia, while sending them back in time at Transylvania, during the age of Dracula and 1810s Central Europe, with Frankenstein.
In the series finale, the Turtles once again meet their counterparts from the 1987 series. The 1987 versions of the Shredder and Krang have fled to the 2012 reality, where they seek help in the form of the 2012 versions of Bebop and Rocksteady as they plan to conquer both dimensions. The Mighty Mutanimals are later enlisted by the Turtles themselves to stop Bebop and Rocksteady.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date [nb 1]||Prod.|
|105||1||"Scroll of the Demodragon"||Sebastian Montes||Randolph Heard||March 19, 2017||501||1.01|
|Despite the Turtles victory against the Shredder, the Foot Clan has been reborn as an underground cult led by Tiger Claw. As he plans to resurrect the Super Shredder with the aid of the mighty demodragon, Kavaxas.|
|106||2||"The Forgotten Swordsman"||Alan Wan||Peter Di Cicco||March 26, 2017||502||0.99|
|When Karai has became the rightful heiress of the Foot Clan, her old teacher, Hattori Tatsu, seeks rightful ownership by hunting the Shredder's legendary helmet, the Kuro Kabuto. Unfortunately, Tiger Claw and his lackeys are also in search of the Kabuto, as it is one of the essential items required for Kavaxas to return the Super Shredder to life.|
|107||3||"Heart of Evil"||Rie Koga||Gavin Hignight||April 2, 2017||503||1.12|
|Donatello's grudge with Don Vizioso threatens the Turtles' newest mission: To retrieve the heart of the Super Shredder, which is in the possession of Don Vizioso himself.|
|108||4||"End Times"||Sebastian Montes||Brandon Auman||April 9, 2017||504||1.14|
|With the aid of Karai and Leatherhead, the Turtles, April and Casey must defeat Kavaxas and prevent him from destroying the world with his army of the undead.|
|"When Worlds Collide"||Sebastian Montes|
|Todd Casey and Elliott Casey|
|June 18, 2017||510|
|The Newtralizer returns to New York City, more powerful than ever before, and joins forces with a dangerous and unexpected ally. With the help of Mona Lisa and Sal Commander, the Turtles fight back to defend their city.|
|111||7||"Yojimbo"||Rie Koga||Stan Sakai||July 23, 2017||515||0.99|
|The Ninja Turtles are transported to an alternate dimension, where they befriend the Samurai Rabbit and fierce master swordsman, Miyamoto Usagi.|
|112||8||"Osoroshi no Tabi"||Sebastian Montes||Brandon Auman||July 30, 2017||516||0.93|
|Usagi leads the Turtles through a haunted forest, where they end up encountering mischievous and highly dangerous spirits.|
|113||9||"Kagayake! Kintaro"||Alan Wan||Henry Gilroy||August 6, 2017||517||0.97|
|As they reach their destination, Usagi and the Turtles must help young Kintaro fulfill his destiny.|
|114||10||"Lone Rat and Cubs"||Alan Wan||Kevin Eastman||August 13, 2017||505||1.06|
|When Splinter is mutated into a sewer rat, he must learn to survive the life a mutant on the run wile protecting four infant mutant turtles from the Kraang. It is a flashback set before the events of "Rise of the Turtles, Part 1".|
|115||11||"The Wasteland Warrior"||Rie Koga||Brandon Auman||September 22, 2017(Nicktoons)||518||N/A|
|In an alternate post-apocalyptic future, all humans and most of the mutant population have been wiped out due to an extremely powerful mutagen bomb. Only a weathered Raphael, who has most of his childhood memories lost to him, and Donatello (whose consciousness has been transferred into Metalhead) have been traveling throughout the Impossible Wasteland trying to stay alive while being pursued by the Verminator and his bikers. They befriend a female meerkat warrior named Mira, the last of her tribe. She harbors the secret to "Paradise" and is looking for a wise turtle called "the Holy Chalupa."|
|116||12||"The Impossible Desert"||Sebastian Montes||Peter Di Cicco||September 22, 2017(Nicktoons)||519||N/A|
|Raphael, Donatello and Mira continue to be trapped by constant sandstorms throughout the desert, but are saved by none other than Chompy Picasso, who has grown considerably over the decades. On their way, they manage to find "the Holy Chalupa" who is, in truth, an elderly thin Michelangelo. He takes them to his home, an old pizza shop, where Ice Cream Kitty waits. While the three Turtles are catching up and trying to accept the loss of their leader and eldest brother Leonardo, they are all attacked by Verminator Rex. He manages to abduct Mira but is followed by an angry Raphael.|
|117||13||"Carmageddon!"||Alan Wan||Gavin Hignight||September 22, 2017(Nicktoons)||520||N/A|
Still trapped in "the Pit", Raphael manages to defeat his two opponents and is hailed as leader of both tribes by the crowd. Aided by Mira, Mikey, Donnie and Chompy, they flee in search of "the Green Paradise", but they are forced to confront Maximus Kong, the evil leader of the Wasteland. In a shocking revelation, Raphael learns that Maximus Kong is Leonardo. A flashback reveals that the Mutagen bomb caused him to undergo a second mutation, resulting in memory loss and insanity. But, Raphael's love for his brother frees Leonardo from his rage and helps him to regain his memories. All four brothers are reunited and arrive at "the Green Paradise" (also known as the Oasis) with Mira.A shot shows the four Turtles and Splinter taking a picture together. This is followed by Leonardo holding a picket sign in dedication to the creators of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird.
|118||14||"The Curse of Savanti Romero"||Rie Koga||Peter Di Cicco||September 27, 2017(Nicktoons)||506||N/A|
|The Turtles' plans to enjoy Halloween are put on hold when strange monsters threaten to transform New York City.|
|119||15||"The Crypt of Dracula"||Sebastian Montes||John Shirley||September 27, 2017(Nicktoons)||507||N/A|
|Renet transports the Ninja Turtles to Transylvania to stop Savanti Romero from recruiting Count Dracula.|
|120||16||"The Frankenstein Experiment"||Alan Wan||Brandon Auman||October 4, 2017|
|Savanti recruits Frankenstein's Monster and will soon unleash his creatures on the 21st century.|
|121||17||"Monsters Among Us"||Rie Koga||Kevin Burke and Chris "Doc" Wyatt||October 11, 2017 |
|When Renet and the Turtles return to a world run by monsters, they realize they have made the situation even worse.|
|122||18||"Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady"||Rie Koga||Peter Di Cicco||November 12, 2017||512||0.96|
|When the 1987 series version of the Shredder and Krang appear in the 2012 Ninja Turtles' dimension, they employ the present Bebop and Rocksteady, and find their plans succeeding better than ever. Meanwhile, the 1987 series versions of the Ninja Turtles seeks help from the present Ninja Turtles, April O'Neil and Casey Jones to stop both Krang and Shredder.|
|123||19||"The Foot Walks Again!"||Sebastian Montes||Mark Henry||November 12, 2017||513||0.96|
|The Turtles must train their 1987 series counterparts to face a greater threat than they've ever encountered while April and Casey seeks help from Karai and Shinigami to track down Bebop and Rocksteady and discover 1987 series Shredder and Krang's dangerous scheme to take over both the 1987 and 2012 universes.|
|124||20||"The Big Blowout"||Alan Wan||Jed MacKay||November 12, 2017||514||0.96|
|The Ninja Turtles (with the aid of April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami) enlist the help of the Mighty Mutanimals to stop 1987 series Krang and Shredder from destroying the 2012 series Earth, with a little help from the unlikeliest of mutants.|
On July 10, 2015, Nickelodeon ordered a fifth season of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The first four episodes were released to DVD on March 21, 2017, two days after the TV-premiere. On March 2, 2017, Nickelodeon announced that season five would be the show's final season. It was renamed Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for this last season, and its opening titles were changed.
"The Wasteland Warrior, "The Impossible Desert", and "Carmageddon!" are typically presented as a television movie, Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse. Although these episodes were not the last to air, and not officially considered canon by Nickelodeon, they were the last episodes produced. In an interview, executive producer Ciro Nieli revealed that he intended for these episodes to be the series finale in order to prevent any alteration of the timeline that he and the rest of the crew had built, despite the episodes' contradictions to previously established canon (most notably Renet's description of the future from the Season 3 episode Turtles in Time). However, Nickelodeon chose to air those episodes on Nicktoons in the middle of the season, and declared "Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady" the finale instead. On a thread from the official TMNT twitter, the company indicated that "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse" is non-canon, and a press release for the DVD refers to the special as "another dimension".
- "Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse", "The Curse of Savanti Romero", "The Crypt of Dracula", "The Frankenstein Experiment", and "Monsters Among Us" all aired originally on Nicktoons instead of Nickelodeon.
- "David Tennant, Peter Stormare, & Michael Dorn, To Guest Star On Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Comicbook. July 10, 2015. Retrieved July 12, 2015.
- Justin Wren (28 December 2017). "Season 5 of Nick's TMNT Coming to Hulu in January". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- "Shows A-Z – teenage mutant ninja turtles on nickelodeon". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 26, 2015.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.19.2017 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.26.2017 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 4.2.2017 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 4.9.2017 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 6.18.2017 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.23.2017 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.30.2017 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.6.2017 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.13.2017 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "TV Listings- Find Local TV Listings and Watch Full Episodes - Zap2it.com". tvschedule.zap2it.com.
- "Press Release for Tales of the Turtles V2: Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady". TVShowsonDVD. Archived from the original on October 28, 2017. Retrieved July 9, 2017.
- "Confirmation "Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady" airs November 12th, 2017 on Nickelodeon". Twitter. Retrieved September 22, 2017.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Sunday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 11.12.2017 - Showbuzz Daily". www.showbuzzdaily.com.
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD News: Press Release for Tales of the Turtles V1: Super Shredder". TVShowsonDVD. February 10, 2017. Archived from the original on February 13, 2017. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- "'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' CG Animated Series Gets 2D Reboot at Nickelodeon". Variety. March 2, 2017. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
The CG series will air one last season starting Sunday, March 19.
- "'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' gets renamed for last season and comes with a new opening titles". Archived from the original on 2017-03-28.
- "Shows A-Z - teenage mutant ninja turtles on nicktoons - TheFutonCritic.com". www.thefutoncritic.com.
- "SDCC'17: TMNT Cast & Crew Talk Samurai Rabbits and Series Finale". 27 July 2017.
- "TMNT on Twitter".
- "TMNT on Twitter".
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD news: Press Release for Tales of the Turtles V3: The Final Chapters - TVShowsOnDVD.com". 6 December 2017. Archived from the original on 6 December 2017.