|Directed by||Partho Ghosh|
|Written by||K. K. Singh|
|Based on||No.20 Madras Mail by Dennis Joseph|
|Produced by||N. N. Sippy|
Pravesh Sippy (associate)
|Cinematography||K. V. Ramanna|
|Edited by||R. Rajendran|
N N Sippy Productions
|Distributed by||Tips Music|
|23 December 1994|
Teesra Kaun (transl. Who is the third suspect?) is a 1994 Indian Hindi-language thriller film directed by Partho Ghosh. It features Chunky Pandey, Mithun Chakraborty, Amol Palekar, Satish Shah, Rakesh Bedi. The film is a remake of the 1990 Malayalam film No.20 Madras Mail, directed by Joshiy and starring Mohanlal in the lead role.
The story revolves around a train journey in Howrah-Bombay Mail. Three Bollywood-stricken, Nagpur-based slackers, Vijay Verma, Bingo Nagpurkar and Khoka Ganguli board the Howrah-Bombay Mail, to head to Bombay to watch a cricket match, and to meet Bollywood actor Mithun Chakraborty.
During this trip, they drink a lot of alcohol. Vijay notices that the people in the next room in his train coach are a couple with an attractive young woman. He goes over to introduce himself, and finds that the man calls himself Mr. D.K. Kadam (Amol palekar), and the young woman's name is Manjula. Vijay wants to change his seat, so that he can be near Manjula, but unfortunately that seat is taken up by a young man, Pankaj Nigam. Vijay attempts to forcibly take the seat from Pankaj, and a fight ensues, and Vijay is asked to leave them alone. During a stopover, Pankaj leaves the train, and when the train starts, Mr. Kadam finds that Manjula has been killed.
The police begin their investigation, and they have two suspects, namely, Pankaj Nigam and Vijay Verma. They also find out that Pankaj is not who he claims to be, and that his real name is Sanjay Chopra. Further investigations prove that neither Vijay nor Pankaj could have possibly murdered Aisha Manjula, leaving the police, Vijay and his friends on one hand, and Sanjay Chopra, to hunt for the third suspect (I.e. Teesra Kaun?), the one who actually killed Manjula, and the one who may also kill anyone who stands in his/her way.further Mithun helps his all fans in every way. After a huge fight it reveals that the man who pretending to be father of the Manjula was murderer of manjula's father and he blackmail them always. Finally on confrontation with the Mithun,Pankaj and Vijay Dr. Kadam confess that he was the actual murderer of manjula. In last scene manjula's mother shoots him on station while police inspector was about to arrest dr. Kadam
- Chunky Pandey as Vijay Verma
- Mithun Chakraborty as Himself
- Somy Ali as Priyanka / Manjula
- Javed Jaffrey as Hukum Singh / Sanjay Chopra
- Rituparna Sengupta as Kiran
- Sheeba Akashdeep as self, in song Teesra Kaun?
- Satish Shah as Bhring Nagpurkar
- Rakesh Bedi as Khoka Ganguli
- Tinnu Anand as P. K. Rasiya
- Amol Palekar as D. K. Kadam
- Sadashiv Amrapurkar Repliced Javed Jaffrey as Inspector Aditya Talwar
- Avtar Gill as Rana Saxena
- Himani Shivpuri as Shanti Verma
- Beena Banerjee as Manjula Priyanka's mother (as Beena)
- K.D. Chandran as Mr. Verma
- Gauthami as Herself (guest appearance)
- Anil Dhawan as Anil Saxena (special appearance)
- Shashi Kiran as Film producer
- K.K Raj as waiter in train
- Ramesh Goyal as coolie on Akola station
- Tisca Chopra as Sister Gloria
- "Teesra Kaun" – 07:43 – Abhijeet Bhattacharya, Poornima THEME OF TEESRA KAUN ? INSTRUMENTAL
- "Jab Maine Tera Naam Liya" – 06:55 – Udit Narayan, Bela Sulakhe
- "Kya Aankhen Hai" – 06:49 – Abhijeet Bhattacharya, Alka Yagnik
- "Dekha Tujhe To Dil Gaane Laga" – 06:06 – Bali Brahmbhatt, Suneeta Rao
- "Band Baajega" – 04:35 – Udit Narayan, Bela Sulakhe
- "Humein Tumse Pyar Tha" --- – 05:04 – Abhijeet Bhattacharya, Sadhana Sargam
- "Love In Rain" – 05:45 – Kumar Sanu, Poornima
The 8002 Howrah Mumbai mail is shown running with different locomotive engines in different scenes.
The star cast boards the train's 1st class compartment and say that it is air conditioned coach. However, in next scenes you can see that all windows are open and it is not a A/C coach.
- "Teesra Kaun (1994) – Review, Star Cast, News, Photos". Cinestaan. Retrieved 27 December 2018.