Sperber in 2011.
|Genres||Indie rock, Dance-pop|
|Labels||Creep Records, Mint 400 Records|
|Associated acts||Ley Royal Scam, LadybiRdS, Fairmont, Mergers & Acquisitions, Denver Dalley|
Ley Royal Scam
By 2005, Sperber was fronting the band Ley Royal Scam, a pop-act that included keyboardist Tyler Pursel. That year they opened several shows for Taking Back Sunday at The Bamboozle. Ley Royal Scam self-released two demos, titled Pregnancy Scare and Sophomore Slump. The band separated later that year, leaving Pursel to pursue work touring as keyboardist with rap rock group Gym Class Heroes.
After the separation of Ley Royal Scam, Sperber relocated to Oregon for "introspection and recharging," but was contacted in 2006 by former bandmate Pursel, who was working on the East coast, to appear on an upcoming project. Initially Sperber was asked to sing on only one track, but subsequent work led the two to write and record together exclusively, making Sperber the nominal frontwoman and lead singer of LadybiRdS. Pursel and Sperber met at a Creep Records basement studio in Pennsylvania to finish the recording of Regional Community Theater in January 2007. It was released under Creep Records on 18 September 2007, and was digitally re-released by Mint 400 Records digitally on 5 July 2011.
The album received mixed to positive reviews from critics.
Prior to joining Ley Royal Scam, Sperber worked at a summer snowboard camp. Transitioning into music, she did A&R and publicist work for Virgin Records, and worked for MerchDirect. In 2007, she sang for Intramural's track "Impairment Begins with the First Drink" from the album This Is a Landslide by former Desaparecidos guitarist Denver Dalley. That year Sperber was also a guest vocalist on the Fairmont album Wait & Hope, and again in their 2008 release Transcendence.
- Ley Royal Scam - Pregnancy Scare (2005)
- Ley Royal Scam - Sophomore Slump (2005)
- Fairmont - Wait & Hope (2007)
- LadybiRdS - Regional Community Theater (2007)
- Fairmont - Transcendence (2008)
- Mergers and Acquisitions - Grape Soda (2011)
- Intramural - "Impairment Begins with the First Drink" with Denver Dalley (2007)
- Apar, Corey (5 September 2007), "LadybiRdS", Spin, Spin Media, retrieved 22 January 2014
- Caraeff, Ezra Ace (20 October 2005), "Once More With Feeling-Best of the Unheard Of", The Portland Mercury, Rob Crocker, retrieved 21 January 2014
- "Credits", AllMusic, All Media Network, LLC, retrieved 5 February 2014
- McClintock, J. Scott, "Artist Biography", AllMusic, All Media Network, LLC, retrieved 21 January 2014
- "New Interview with Teeter of LadybiRdS & Mergers and Acquisitions", Mint 400 Records, Blogger, retrieved 30 August 2014
- Olund, Paul (6 July 2007), "Candy-coated goodness to make you smile", Today, NBC, retrieved 5 February 2014
- "New Intramural–"Impairment Begins With The First Drink" with Teeter Sperber from LadybiRdS", Stereogum, SpinMedia, 18 October 2007, retrieved 12 February 2014