Teeter Sperber in 2011.
|Genres||Indie rock, dance-pop|
|Labels||Creep Records, Mint 400 Records|
|Associated acts||Ley Royal Scam, Ladybirds, Fairmont, Mergers & Acquisitions, Denver Dalley|
Ley Royal Scam
In 2005, Sperber fronted the band Ley Royal Scam, a pop-act that included keyboardist Tyler Pursel. That year they played the Bamboozle festival, opening several shows for Taking Back Sunday. Ley Royal Scam self-released two demos, titled Pregnancy Scare and Sophomore Slump. The band separated later that year, leaving Pursel to pursue work touring as keyboardist with rap rock group Gym Class Heroes.
After the separation of Ley Royal Scam, Sperber relocated to Oregon for "introspection and recharging," but was contacted in 2006 by former bandmate Pursel who was working on the East Coast of the United States, to appear on an upcoming project. Initially, Sperber was asked to sing for one track, but subsequent work led them to write and record together exclusively for the project, making Sperber the lead singer of Ladybirds. Pursel and Sperber met at a Creep Records basement studio in Pennsylvania to finish the recording of Regional Community Theater in January 2007. It was released by Creep Records on 18 September 2007, and was digitally reissued by Mint 400 Records on 5 July 2011. The album received mixed to positive reviews from critics.
Prior to joining Ley Royal Scam, Sperber worked at a summer snowboard camp. Transitioning into music, she did A&R and publicist work for Virgin Records, and worked for MerchDirect. In 2007, she sang on the Intramural song "Impairment Begins with the First Drink," from the album This Is a Landslide by former Desaparecidos guitarist Denver Dalley. Later that year, Sperber was also a guest vocalist on the Fairmont album Wait & Hope, and again in their 2008 release Transcendence. In 2011, Sperber and Neil Sabatino of Fairmont joined to record as Mergers & Acquisitions, releasing an electro-pop EP entitled Grape Soda.
- Wait & Hope (2007) by Fairmont
- Regional Community Theater (2007) by Ladybirds
- Transcendence (2008) by Fairmont
- Grape Soda (2011) by Mergers and Acquisitions
- Pregnancy Scare (2005) by Ley Royal Scam
- Sophomore Slump (2005) by Ley Royal Scam
- "Impairment Begins with the First Drink" (2007) by Intramural with Denver Dalley
- Apar, Corey (5 September 2007), "LadybirdS", Spin, retrieved 22 January 2014
- Caraeff, Ezra Ace (20 October 2005), "Once More With Feeling-Best of the Unheard Of", The Portland Mercury, retrieved 21 January 2014
- AllMusic Staff, "Credits", AllMusic, retrieved 5 February 2014
- McClintock, J. Scott (2007), "Artist Biography", AllMusic, retrieved 21 January 2014
- Mint 400 Records Staff (25 April 2011), "New Interview with Teeter of LadybiRdS & Mergers and Acquisitions", Mint 400 Records, retrieved 30 August 2014
- Olund, Paul (6 July 2007), "Candy-coated goodness to make you smile", Today, retrieved 5 February 2014
- Stereogum Staff (18 October 2007), "New Intramural–"Impairment Begins With The First Drink" with Teeter Sperber from LadybiRdS", Stereogum, retrieved 12 February 2014