|Single by Jebediah|
|from the album Slightly Odway|
|Released||23 March 1998|
|Format||CD, 7" vinyl|
Sing Sing Studios
|Songwriter(s)||Chris Daymond, Kevin Mitchell, Vanessa Thornton, Brett Mitchell|
|Jebediah singles chronology|
"Teflon" is the third single from Slightly Odway, the debut album from Australian alternative rock band, Jebediah. It was written by band members, Chris Daymond, Kevin Mitchell, Vanessa Thornton and Brett Mitchell. It was recorded in April 1997 at Sing Sing Studios in Melbourne and produced by Neill King. "Teflon" was officially released on 23 March 1998, peaking at number 41 on the Australian ARIA Singles Chart. It polled at number 42 in the Triple J Hottest 100 music poll for 1998.
The CD single version of "Teflon" features four bonus non-album tracks, including a new one, "You"; a remix of the title track by The Cooling Brothers, aka Ku-Ling Brothers (Steven Mallinder—ex–Cabaret Volataire—and Shane Norton), which was recorded at Revolver Studios in Perth and produced by Laurie Singara; together with acoustic versions of both "Tracksuit" and "Jerks of Attention" recorded live by RTRFM in the radio station's breakfast programme's weekly segment, Live At The Cornflakes, produced by Graham Hill.
The single release version was slightly remixed from the album version (consisting of a quieter "rap" section). The 7" vinyl release only featured the Cooling Brothers Remix of the song as its A-side, whilst the B-side was a Non-Stick mix of the song. In October 1998 Jedediah performed "Teflon" at the ARIA Music Awards ceremony. A live version recorded in London was issued on a bonus disc of an extended version of their fifth studio album, Kosciuszko, in April 2011.
|2.||"Teflon" (Cooling Brothers Remix)||5:36|
|4.||"Tracksuit" (Live at the Cornflakes)||4:26|
|5.||"Jerks of Attention" (Live at the Cornflakes)||4:48|
|Australian ARIA Singles Chart||41||1|
- Jebediah members
- Chris Daymond – guitar
- Brett Mitchell – drums
- Kevin Mitchell – vocals
- Vanessa Thornton – bass guitar
- Recording details
- Chris Lord-Alge – mixer
- Ben Steele – photography, artwork layout, design
- Andrew Christie – artwork layout, design
- Steve Smart – mastering
- Neill King – producer ("Teflon")
- Laurie Singara – producer ("You")
- Graham Hill – producer ("Tracksuit", "Jerks of Attention")
- Hung, Steffen. "Jebediah Discography". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- triple j (2008). "Hottest 100 1998". Triple j. ABC. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- Baker, Glenn A (31 October 1998). "Imbruglia Leads ARIA Awards". Billboard. Global Media (1): 8. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Jebediah (2011), Kosciuszko (Collector's ed.), Dew Process/Universal Music Australia (distributor). National Library of Australia, retrieved 5 February 2015
- "'Teflon' at APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Retrieved 4 February 2015. Note: User may have to click 'Search again' and provide details at 'Enter a title:' e.g Teflon; or at 'Performer:' Jebediah