Tefta Tashko-Koço in the 1930s
|Birth name||Tefta Tashko|
|Born||2 November 1910|
|Died||22 December 1947 (aged 37)
Tefta Tashko was born in Faiyum, Egypt where her parents had emigrated at the end of the 19th century. In 1921, the family moved back to Korçë, Albania and in 1927 Tefta left for France to learn singing at the Montpellier Conservatoire. From 1932 to 1936, she studied singing in the Paris Conservatoire under André Gresse, Declamation lyrique with Salignac and Maintien and Art Mimique with G. Wague. She returned permanently to Albania in 1936 where she performed in operatic and chamber music as well as Albanian urban songs. She was asked to encore the songs several times in each concert she has performed in Albania.
Tefta Tashko sang songs written specifically for her from the Albanian composer Kristo Kono.
A painting by Myrteza Fushekrati (1942), made in 1976 [100x120 cm], was devoted to this artist and until 1990 it was exposed at the Gallery of Art in Tirana.
- TEFTA TASHKO—zare dil ke fiku on YouTube
- Tefta Tashko-Koco----- Kroi i fshatit tone on YouTube
- Tefta Tashko Koco dhe Kenga lirike qytetare shqiptare on YouTube
- PERLAT e Tefta Tashkos-1 on YouTube
- PERLAT e Tefta Tashkos -2 on YouTube
- PERLAT e Tefta Tashkos -3 on YouTube