Teghra (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||24. Begusarai|
Teghra (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (Hindi: टेघरा विधान सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is an assembly constituency in Begusarai district in the Indian state of Bihar. It was earlier called Barauni (Vidhan Sabha constituency).
As per Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008, No. 143 Teghra (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following:
- Teghra community development block;
- Maestro Academy, Oppsite New Block station Road, Teghra
- Bihat I to IV, Malhipur (North), Malhipur (South), Papraur, Garahara I & II,
- Simaria I & II, Rajwara, Amarpur, Peepra Dewas and Hajipur gram panchayats of Barauni CD Block.
RJD's Birendra Kumar Mahto defeated Ram Lakhan Singh of BJP by over 18,000 votes.
Members of Legislative Assembly
- 1951: Ram Charitra Sinha, Indian National Congress
- 1957: Ram Charitra Sinha, Independent
- 1962: Chandrasekhar Singh, Communist Party of India
- 2010: Lalan Kumar, Bhartiya Janata Party
- 2015: Birendra Kumar, Rastriya Janata Party
- "Direct contest betweet NDA and grand alliance".
- "Left has golden chance for a turnaround in Bihar".
- "Poor paean to poet Dinkar's memory".
- "Schedule – XIII of Constituencies Order, 2008 of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008 of the Election Commission of India" (PDF). Schedule VI Bihar, Part A – Assembly constituencies, Part B – Parliamentary constituencies. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Tough time for Left parties in 'Leningrad of East'".
- "Teghra Election Results since 1977". Travel India Guide. Retrieved 2011-11-01.