Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art
|Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art|
|موزه هنرهای معاصر تهران|
The museum was designed by Iranian architect Kamran Diba, who employed elements from traditional Persian architecture. It was built adjacent to Laleh Park, Tehran, and was inaugurated in 1977. The building itself can be regarded as an example of contemporary art. Most of the museum area is located underground.
It is considered to have the most valuable collection of Western modern art outside Europe and the United States, a collection largely assembled by founding curators David Galloway and Donna Stein under the patronage of Farah Pahlavi. It is said that there is approximately £2.5 billion worth of modern art held at the museum. The museum hosts a revolving programme of exhibitions and occasionally organises exhibitions by local artists.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
- Wassily Kandinsky
- Jackson Pollock
- Claude Monet
- Camille Pissarro
- Vincent van Gogh: At Eternity's Gate 
- James Ensor
- Édouard Vuillard
- André Dunoyer de Segonzac
- Jules Pascin
- André Derain
- Louis Valtat
- Georges Rouault
- Fernand Léger
- Pablo Picasso: Baboon and Young, Painter and Model
- Alberto Giacometti: Standing Woman, Walking Man 1 
- Francis Bacon
- Max Ernst: Capricorn 
- René Magritte: The Therapeutae 
- George Grosz
- John Hoyland
- Diego Rivera
- Jasper Johns
- Andy Warhol
- Roy Lichtenstein
- Jim Dine
- Peter Phillips
- James Rosenquist
- Fritz Winter
- Joan Miró
- William Turnbull
- Victor Vasarely
- Adolph Gottlieb
- Richard Hamilton
- Georges Braque
- Jean-Paul Riopelle
- Edvard Munch
- Pierre Soulages
- Edgar Degas
- Mary Cassatt
- Maurice Prendergast
- František Kupka
- Max Beckmann
- James Whistler
- Edward Hopper
- Henry Moore: Two–Pieces Reclining Figure, Three–Pieces Reclining Figure 
- Giorgio Morandi
- Noreen Motamed
- Giacomo Balla
- Marcel Duchamp
- Marino Marini: Horse and Rider
- Aydin Aghdashloo: Identity: in praise of Sandro Botticelli and other works
- Parviz Tanavoli: Sanctified 1
- Sterling Ruby
- Henry Peach Robinson: Landing the Catch
- Ansel Easton Adams: Canyon de Chelly
- Bahman Mohasses: Tryst
- Arnaldo Pomodoro
- Dehghan, Saeed Kamali. “Former queen of Iran on assembling Tehran's art collection.” The Guardian. 1 August 2012: Print.
- Iran Keeps Picassos in basement. LA Times. Kim Murphy. 19 September 2007.
- "At Eternity's Gate", vggallery.com. Last Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- Alberto Giacometti, Standing Woman, tmoca.com.
- Alberto Giacometti, Walking Man 1, tmoca.com.
- Max Ernst, Capricorn, tmoca.com.
- René Magritte, The Therapeutae, tmoca.com.
- Henry Moore, Two–Pieces Reclining Figure, tmoca.com.
- Henry Moore, Three–Pieces Reclining Figure, tmoca.com.
- Parviz Tanavoli, Sanctified 1, tmoca.com.
- Media related to Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art at Wikimedia Commons