Teichiussa or Teichioussa (Ancient Greek: Τειχιοῦσσα) was a town of ancient Caria or of Ionia in the territory of Miletus, and according to Thucydides, a possession of the latter city. It was a polis (city-state) and a member of the Delian League. During the Peloponnesian War, the Spartans struck at Iasos from here.
Its site is located near Kazıklı, Asiatic Turkey.
- ^ a b Stillwell, Richard; MacDonald, William L.; McAllister, Marian Holland, eds. (1976). "Teichiussa". The Princeton Encyclopedia of Classical Sites. Princeton University Press.
- ^ Thucydides. History of the Peloponnesian War. 8.26.
- ^ Benjamin Dean Meritt, H. T. Wade-Gery, Malcolm Francis McGregor (1950). The Athenian Tribute Lists, Volume 3. Princeton, New Jersey. p. 253.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- ^ Thucydides. History of the Peloponnesian War. 8.28.
- ^ Richard Talbert, ed. (2000). Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World. Princeton University Press. p. 61, and directory notes accompanying.
- ^ Lund University. Digital Atlas of the Roman Empire.
Coordinates: 37°21′11″N 27°27′29″E / 37.353179°N 27.457993°E