This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Teja shooting in The islands of Maldives
22 February 1966
|Children||Aurov Teja (deceased)|
Teja (born Dharma Teja Jasti, 22 February 1966) is an Indian cinematographer turned director, known for his works in Telugu cinema and bollywood. He ventured into direction with hits such as Chitram, Nuvvu Nenu, Jayam and Nijam with Mahesh Babu. He has garnered several state Nandi Awards, and Filmfare Award for Best Director – Telugu for Nuvvu Nenu.
Teja debuted as cinematographer with Ram Gopal Varma's 1992 bilingual film Raat, for which he won Nandi Award for Best Cinematography. As a cinematographer, He is known for his works in films such as Baazi, Ghulam, Sangharsh, Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hain, Krodh, Krishna, Shastra, Rakshak, Money, Tere Mere Sapne, and Vishwavidhaata. Teja also shared cinematography works in hits such as Kshana Kshanam, Rangeela, Drohi, Antham, Gaayam, and Govinda Govinda.
Teja doing any work he could get, ended up working in Tamil film shoots as a lighting assistant. After working in lighting and sound departments he moved into the camera department and worked under Ravikant Nagaich, and W.B. Rao. He then took up assignments for documentaries presented in National Geographic Channel. He then joined the bandwagon of bollywood.
Working as cinematographer, Teja used to frequently schedule Hindi film shoots in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh as to spend more time with his wife and son. Many schedules were planned in Ramoji Film City. Chitram, Teja's directorial debut was planned entirely in Ramoji Film City on budget of forty lakh rupees. The film became a huge hit and paved way for a variety of new age romantic films in Tollywood. Teja gained notability post the release of Nuvvu Nenu, an all-time blockbuster and that year's highest grosser. The film received six Nandi Awards and had a total run of three seventy five days. The film was also remade in Hindi starring Tushar Kapoor and Anita Hassanandani.
Teja's next film was Nijam, was released in 2003 starring Mahesh Babu and Rakshitha in lead roles. Nijam was a low grosser at the box office but gained critical appraise. In the following years, Teja made Jai. Actor Navdeep's debuted with the film, he was paired with Santhoshini and Ayesha Julka. It was dubbed in Tamil as Jairam. The film had an average run in both languages.
Teja later directed Dhairyam, and Avunanna Kadanna, simultaneously. Halfway through Dhairyam's shoot Teja dropped the project stating that the producer N. Sudhakar Reddy had changed and edited a part of the film without his consent. Teja returned his remuneration, arranged a press meet and declared he had nothing to do with the film. Dhairyam failed at the box office, whereas Avunanna Kadanna had a seventy-five-day run and was declared a hit.
Teja also set up Chitram movies distribution offices in Hyderabad and Vizag. He distributed films such as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift and many others in Nizam and other districts. 
Aurov Teja, Teja's younger son, died of prolonged illness in Hyderabad on Saturday, 19 March 2011. Aurov had been suffering from breathing problems and cerebral palsy, caused by faulty medical procedures followed by the hospital at the time of birth. The baby was taken to Beijing, China, New York, United States and Berlin, Germany for medical treatment.On the morning of 19 March 2011, the baby's condition deteriorated and was pronounced dead at 12:11 local time (12:11 IST).
- "Hero Prince indebted to director Teja - BeyondTollywood - News, Reviews, Gallerys, Wallpapers, Trailers, Videos, Lyrics". 3 September 2013. Archived from the original on 3 September 2013.
- "RK's Open Heart with director Teja". 10 May 2012. Archived from the original on 10 May 2012.
- 25CineFrames (30 July 2013). "Director Teja Approached Nagma For His Next Film". 25CineFrames.
- P Sai Swaroop. "Director Teja Comments On Mahesh Babu". Movies.cinema65.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "I am indebted to director Teja: Prince". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Director Teja offers a role to Nagma". ApNewsCorNer.Com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- Sheela Panicker (2009-11-27). "Director Teja in Search of New Teenage Face for his forthcoming film 'ATU ITU'". Indiaprwire.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Teja: Our heroes know nothing about story". AP NEWS LIVE. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Director Teja Speaks About His Movie 1000 Abaddalu Telugufilmnagar » - Telugu Video News". DegaView.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Director Teja New Movie - Teja Upcoming Movie - Business of tollywood". Business of Tollywood. Archived from the original on 2 November 2013.
- "Director Teja aims at a record - Telugu Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2013-04-26. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Will not work with stars - Director Teja". ManaTelugu.in. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Kapu Community Burning On Director Teja". m.greatandhra.com.
- "Director Teja and Chadalawada's fight over house". 7 January 2014. Archived from the original on 7 January 2014.
- "Down — but not out". The Hindu.
- "Saavn - Hindi Songs Free Download, Old, Latest, New, mp3, Bollywood Music, Online". Smashits.com. Archived from the original on 26 June 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Director Teja`s movie with newcomers". Sify.
- "Tejas Keka in Tamil - Telugu Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2008-10-22. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Director Teja — AP NEWS LIVE". AP NEWS LIVE. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Director Teja - Still 8 - 1000 Abaddalu". Desimartini.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Director Teja in Open Heart with RK - 6th May". ManaTeluguMovies. 2012-05-07. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Page Not Found". Tupaki.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Teja Love Flick Movie - Teja New Movie - Sri Productions New Movie - Teja New Movie Selections - Teja New Movie Artistes Selections - TeluguMirchi.com". Telugu Film News - Telugu Movie Ratings - Telugu Film Reviews - Telugu Movie News - Telugu Movie reviews - Tollywood Latest News.
- "Director Teja turns to Comedy Movies". 2 November 2013. Archived from the original on 2 November 2013.
- "Naughty Speech by Director Teja at 1000 Abaddalu Press Meet". 2 November 2013. Archived from the original on 2 November 2013.
- "Director Teja To Direct Under Sri Productions Banner Again". The Hans India.
- "Latest News Archives - Reviews, Movie Rating, News, Censor Talk". Myfirstshow.com. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Teja falls prey to credit card cheat". The Times of India.
- "Director Teja Opens Up On 'Weakness'". Gulte.com.