Teknekron Corporation is one of the world's first technology-focused business incubators. 
Teknekron was founded in Berkeley, CA in 1968 by Harvey Wagner and several UC Berkeley professors, including George Turin, D.Sc., a professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences who served as Vice President of Technology. By 1991 it had grown to $225 million in revenue, a 40% annual rate of growth. .
The company is registered in the tax shelter of Incline Village in Nevada. Although Wagner had a small office there near his Lake Tahoe house, most of the company's operations are in Berkeley, the San Francisco Peninsula, and the Dallas–Fort Worth area.
Theoretical and policy research
During the 1960s and 1970s, Teknekron was awarded numerous research contracts by the U.S. government, including the transfer of technology from NASA's space program to civilian uses,  the dispersal modeling and generation forecasts of noxious gases from power generation, urban effects of drought in San Francisco,  mental health services in California, durability of manufactured goods, and public perceptions of highway safety.
Some of Teknekron's research was performed in partnership with UC Berkeley.
The stated goal of the company is: "New Teknekron ventures do not take the traditional course of developing, from the outset, a standard product for the end-user market. Instead, they concentrate on developing products for inclusion in other, generally larger companies' product lines, and on delivering customized integrated systems for such companies' internal use. It is only after years of working with client companies on specific projects that a Teknekron enterprise might condense its market-honed technologies into generic "core products." This market approach has distinguished us from venture- capital partnerships, which tend to focus on funding companies that ab initio develop products for the end-user market."
- IEX Corporation, bought by Tekelec in 1999 for $163 million 
- Integrated Automation, bought by Litton Industries
- Teknekron Energy Resource Analysts Corporation (TERA Corp)
- Teknekron Communications Systems Inc., renamed TCSI in 1995 and bought by Rocket Software in 2003 
- Teknekron Financial Services, absorbed by Computer Sciences Corporation
- Teknekron Infoswitch, bought by Greenwich Street Capital Partners in 1999. 
- Teknekron Sensor Development Corp, a manufacturer of scanning probe microscopy components 
- Teknekron Software Systems, bought by Reuters in 1993 for $125.1 million 
- Peters 1991.
- Clark 1988.
- Aerospace 1970.
- Barse 1977.
- Altshuller 1980.
- Hoffman 1979.
- Koran 1984.
- Lacy 1985.
- Arnould 1981.
- Jewell 1974.
- Jewell 1970.
- Securities and Exchanges Commission 1999.
- Files 1999.
- Alameda Times-Star 2003.
- Dallas Morning News 1999.
- Clark 1992.
- Smith 1993.
- Evenson 1993.
- Segers 1993.
- Jewell, William S. (1971-03-01). "Divisible and Movable Activities in Critical-Path Analysis". Operations Research. 19 (2): 323–348. doi:10.2307/169270. ISSN 0030-364X. JSTOR 169270.
- Arnould, Richard J.; Henry Grabowski (1981-04-01). "Auto Safety Regulation: An Analysis of Market Failure". The Bell Journal of Economics. 12 (1): 27–48. doi:10.2307/3003507. ISSN 0361-915X. JSTOR 3003507.
- Lacy, Michael G. (1985-04-01). "Apparent and Genuine Affluence: Their Relation to Energy Consumption". Sociological Perspectives. 28 (2): 117–143. doi:10.2307/1389054. ISSN 0731-1214. JSTOR 1389054.
- Jewell, William S.; Tom L. Johnston; Stephen S. Leavitt (1974-09-01). "Operations Research in the Insurance Industry: II. An Application in Claims Operations of Workmen's Compensation Insurance". Operations Research. 22 (5): 929–941. doi:10.2307/169650. ISSN 0030-364X. JSTOR 169650.
- Hoffman, Mark; Robert Glickstein; Stuart Liroff (1979-07-01). "Urban Drought in the San Francisco Bay Area: A Study of Institutional and Social Resiliency". Journal (American Water Works Association). 71 (7): 356–363. doi:10.2307/41270318. ISSN 0003-150X. JSTOR 41270318.
- Segers, Jean-Pierre (1993-12-01). "Strategic Partnering between New Technology Based Firms and Large Established Firms in the Biotechnology and Micro-Electronics Industries in Belgium". Small Business Economics. 5 (4): 271–281. doi:10.2307/40228936. ISSN 0921-898X. JSTOR 40228936.
- Koran, Lorrin M.; Kenneth Meinhardt (1984-08-01). "Social Indicators in Statewide Mental Health Planning: Lessons from California". Social Indicators Research. 15 (2): 131–144. doi:10.2307/27521234. ISSN 0303-8300. JSTOR 27521234.
- Smith, Lowell; Russell Randle (1981-05-01). "Comment on Beyond the New Deal". The Yale Law Journal. 90 (6): 1398–1411. doi:10.2307/795884. ISSN 0044-0094. JSTOR 795884.
- Barse, Joseph R. (1977-12-01). "Agriculture and Energy Use in the Year 2000: Discussion from a Natural Resource Perspective". American Journal of Agricultural Economics. 59 (5): 1073–1074. doi:10.2307/1239892. ISSN 0002-9092. JSTOR 1239892.
- "Aerospace". Science News. 98 (3/4): 64. 1970-07-25. doi:10.2307/3955443. ISSN 0036-8423. JSTOR 3955443.
- Altshuller, A. P.; Warren B. Johnson; John S. Nader; Brand L. Niemann; D. Bruce Turner; William E. Wilson; Gregory D'Alessio (1980-06-01). "Transport and Fate of Gaseous Pollutants Associated with the National Energy Program". Environmental Health Perspectives. 36: 155–179. doi:10.2307/3429343. ISSN 0091-6765. JSTOR 3429343.
- "OpenTV wins early round". Alameda Times-Star. 2003-01-10. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Clark, Don (1988-02-29). "Company Profile - Berkeley's Business Incubator". San Francisco Chronicle (fin ed.). San Francisco. p. 1. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Clark, Don (1992-11-13). "World's Tiniest Devices - Silicon Valley works on new technology". San Francisco Chronicle (final ed.). San Francisco. p. 2. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Local & Regional Briefs - Local Earnings In Brief". Dallas Morning News (THIRD ed.). 1999-07-09. p. 10. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Evenson, Laura (1993-12-18). "Reuters Will Purchase Teknekron of Palo Alto - British company to pay $125 million for software firm". San Francisco Chronicle (FINAL ed.). San Francisco. p. 1. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Files, Jennifer (1999-04-22). "California software firm agrees to buy IEX Corp". The Dallas Morning News (THIRD ed.). pp. 2D. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Peters, Tom (1991-10-07). "Breakthrough opportunities bring innovations to market". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2013-11-10.
- Smith, Rebecca (1993-12-18). "Reuters to buy Teknekron, known for "info highway" technology"". San Jose Mercury News (Morning Final ed.). San Jose. p. 10. ISSN 0747-2099. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Tekelec (1999-05-07), Form 8-k, Securities and Exchanges Commission, retrieved 2012-10-04
- "Teknekron, Inc". Computer History Museum. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Wagner, Harvey E. (July 1991). "The Open Corporation". California Management Review. 33 (4): 46–60. doi:10.2307/41166672. ISSN 0008-1256. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
Fisher, Lawrence (18 December 1993). "Reuters Is Buying Teknekron". Retrieved 11 October 2013.