|Former names||Stockholmsarenan (2008–2012)|
|Location||Johanneshov, Stockholm, Sweden|
|Owner||City of Stockholm via SGA Fastigheter|
39,338 (Madonna, 14 November 2015)|
31,756 (Hammarby–Östersunds FK, 4 April 2016)
|Broke ground||10 September 2010|
|Opened||20 July 2013|
SEK 2.7 billion (estimated)|
Djurgårdens IF (2013–)|
Hammarby IF (2013–)
Tele2 Arena is a retractable roof multi-purpose stadium in Stockholm Globe City, Johanneshov, just south of Stockholm City Centre, Sweden. It is used mostly for concerts and football matches, hosting the home matches of Allsvenskan teams Djurgårdens IF and Hammarby IF. The arena has a capacity of 30,000 to 35,000 spectators for football matches, depending on the number of people standing, and its facilities fulfill the requirements of FIFA and UEFA for hosting international games and tournaments. When configured for concerts, the arena has a capacity of 45,000.
With a maximum capacity of up to 40,000 and a rectractable roof, the arena is able to host concerts, equestrian, motor sport, ice sports, banquettes, exhibitions, company events and shareholder meetings, in addition to football.
The cost was calculated to 2.7 billion SEK including land appropriation and a new parking garage under the arena. The cost was balanced against income from sales of building rights and rental from the operator who runs the arena. Financing was mostly covered by sale of land, mainly the lot where Söderstadion is currently situated, and associated building rights for commercial premises. The owner is the City of Stockholm via subsidiary SGA Fastigheter AB.
The arena was planned to host the opening game of the ice hockey World Championship 2013, but the construction was delayed and the arena was not finished until July 2013, two months after the tournament. Initially, it was intended that the stadium would stage the finals of the Swedish Super League, but after the delay, it was decided that the finals in 2013 and 2014 would be moved to Malmö Arena. It is decided that Tele2 Arena will be the national stadium of Swedish speedway and american football.
It is also possible to have artificially frozen ice on the ground. The bandy team of Hammarby IF has practiced on the ice when this possibility was tried for the first time, but the team will so far still use Zinkensdamms IP as its home ground for bandy. "Bandyns dag" ("Bandy Day") was supposed to be arranged at the arena on 14 December 2013 with a match against IFK Vänersborg as the climax but had to be cancelled due to problems with preparing the ice. Instead, the match against Sandvikens AIK on 10 January 2014 was played in Tele2 Arena.
On 27 June 2013, just days before Hammarby IF's first football game in their new arena, an explosive device was found outside the stadium. Former players from rival club Djurgårdens IF were to play an exhibition game that evening in front of approximately 3,000 spectators, but the game was cancelled due to the threat. The culture commissioner for the City of Stockholm has stated that the city council "has authority over who gets to play there, and that power will be used" if the situation does not get under control.
The first event at the stadium was a football match between Superettan sides Hammarby IF and Örgryte IS on 20 July 2013. The match, which ended in a 0–0 draw, brought in 29,175 spectators, setting a new record for highest attendance at a Superettan match. The following day, a crowd of 27,798 attended Djurgårdens IF's inaugural match at Tele2 Arena, a 1–2 defeat by IFK Norrköping.
|40,557||Madonna||Concert||14 November 2015|||
|40,000||Iron Maiden||Concert||1 June 2018|||
|40,000||Avicii||Concert||1 March 2014|||
|39,714||Kent, Lars Winnerbäck, Robyn, Zhala||Concert||26 August 2013|||
|37,009||Rolling Stones||Concert||2 July 2014|||
|35,000||Avicii||Concert||28 February 2014|||
|31,756||Hammarby IF vs Östersunds FK||2016 Allsvenskan||4 April 2016|||
List of concerts
|27 July 2013||Gyllene Tider||2013 Summer Tour||23,082|
|24 August 2013||Kent, Lars Winnerbäck, Robyn||Inauguration concerts||39,714|
|26 November 2013||Volbeat||Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies Live||9,152|
|28 February 2014||Avicii||True Tour||69,725|
|1 March 2014|
|10 May 2014||Justin Timberlake||The 20/20 Experience World Tour||26,602|
|1 June 2014||Aerosmith||Global Warming Tour|
|1 July 2014||The Rolling Stones||14 On Fire||37,009|
|9 July 2015||Paul McCartney||Out There||23,579|
|14 November 2015||Madonna||Rebel Heart Tour||39,338|
|29 April 2016||Adele||Adele Live 2016||31,069|
|4 July 2016||Rihanna||Anti World Tour||34,956|
|10 September 2016||Red Hot Chili Peppers||The Getaway World Tour|
|29 September 2016||Justin Bieber||Purpose World Tour||79,380|
|30 September 2016|
|6 May 2017||Kiss||The KISSWORLD 2017 Tour||24 334|
|17 June 2017||Celine Dion||Celine Dion Live 2017||21,699|
|Season||Djurgårdens IF||Hammarby IF||Ref|
|Division||GP||Season Average||Highest Gate||Lowest Gate||Division||GP||Season Average||Highest Gate||Lowest Gate|
|2013||Allsvenskan||8||15,858||27,798||vs IFK Norrköping||10,079||vs Åtvidabergs FF||Superettan||8||14,145||29,175||vs Örgryte IS||7,886||vs Östersunds FK|||
|2014||Allsvenskan||15||13,145||25,175||vs AIK||7,454||vs Örebro||Superettan||15||20,451||31,074||vs Ljungskile SK||11,936||vs Husqvarna FF|||
|2015||Allsvenskan||15||15,482||27,428||vs Hammarby||8,772||vs Helsingborgs IF||Allsvenskan||15||25,507||30,869||vs Kalmar FF||18,173||vs Gelfe IF|||
|2016||Allsvenskan||15||13,393||24,900||vs Hammarby||6,724||vs Jönköpings SIF||Allsvenskan||15||22,885||31,756||vs Östersunds FK||18,119||vs Falkenberg FF|||
|2017||Allsvenskan||15||16,241||26,648||vs IK Sirius||10,255||vs AFC Eskilstuna||Allsvenskan||15||22,137||30,671||vs Kalmar FF||17,403||vs IK Sirius|||
|2018||Allsvenskan||7||13,721||24,396||vs Hammarby||8,705||vs BK Häcken||Allsvenskan||6||24,500||30,220||vs IK Sirius||20,630||vs IF Brommapojkarna|||
Two football teams from Stockholm, Hammarby IF and Djurgårdens IF, have played their home games at Tele2 Arena since July 2013. Another Stockholm club, IF Brommapojkarna, have decided to play Stockholm derby matches at Tele2 Arena instead of at their usual home ground, Grimsta IP.
The official inauguration took place on 24 August 2013, featuring Swedish artists Robyn, Lars Winnerbäck and Kent, but the first concert at Tele2 Arena had already taken place on 27 July 2013, with Swedish band Gyllene Tider performing.
On 28 February and 1 March 2014, Swedish super star Avicii made two sold out concerts with 35,000 and 40,000 spectators, respectively.
The Rolling Stones played the Tele2 Arena on 1 July 2014 as part of the European leg of their 14 On Fire tour. It was the band's 26th ever appearance in Sweden.
In 2015, the American football World Championship was to be hosted in Stockholm, with Tele2 Arena as the only venue.
In 2015 and 2016, the Swedish Bandy Finals have been held at the arena.
- "Startskott för Stockholmsarenan". Folkpartiet Stockholms Stadshus. Retrieved 26 April 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Facts about the arena". tele2arena.se. Archived from the original on 13 June 2012. Retrieved 10 June 2012.
- Första stolarna på plats i nya Tele2 Arena | Cision Wire. Cisionwire.se (11 December 2012).
- Första stolarna på plats i Tele2 Arena | Idrottens Affärer. Idrottensaffarer.se (11 December 2012).
- http://www.tele2arena.se/om-arenan/foer-arrangoerer. Tele2arena.se.
- Cederskog, Georg (28 March 2012). "Arenornas krig har inletts". Dagens Nyheter. Retrieved 10 June 2012.
- "SM-finalerna till nya Stockholmsarenan". Svenska Innebandyförbundet. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Stockholmsarenan ny nationalarena för speedway". Stockholm Globe Arenas. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Lördagens matcher flyttas till Zinken och ny match på Tele2 Arena 10 januari". Hammarby IF. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "Information inför första bandymatchen i Tele2 Arena". Hammarby IF. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "Bandy. Hammarby - Sandviken i Tele 2 Arena. 2014". Romus Ramström's Youtube channel. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Explosive device found at new Tele2 Arena". Radio Sweden. Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- "Dif och Hammarby kan slängas ut från Tele2 Arena". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- Svenska fotbollförbundet: Superettan: Mållöst publikrekord. 20 July 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- Dagens Nyheter. "Norrköping nätade först – och vann". 21 July 2013.
- "". 14 November 2015.
- "". 6 June 2018.
- "Avicii". 1 March 2014.
- "Kent, Lars Winnerbäck, Robyn, Zhala". 26 August 2014.
- "Rolling Stones". 2 July 2014.
- "Avicii". 28 February 2014.
- "". 4 April 2016.
- Dagens Nyheter. "2013 Allsvenskan Attendances". 13 April 2014.
- Dagens Nyheter. "2013 Superettan Attendances". 13 April 2014.
- Dagens Nyheter. "2014 Allsvenskan Attendances". 24 May 2014.
- Dagens Nyheter. "2014 Superettan Attendances". 25 May 2014.
- Dagens Nyheter. "2015 Allsvenskan Attendances". 25 April 2015.
- Dagens Nyheter. "2016 Allsvenskan Attendances". 25 April 2016.
- Dagens Nyheter. "2017 Allsvenskan Attendances". 25 April 2017.
- Dagens Nyheter. "2018 Allsvenskan Attendances". 18 April 2018.
- Dagens Nyheter. "Brommapojkarna spelar på Tele2 Arena". 18 April 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tele2 Arena.|
| IFAF World Championship
| European Men's Handball Championship