|Traded as||LSE: TEP|
|Headquarters||London, England, UK|
Charles Wigoder (Executive Chairman)|
Andrew Lindsay (CEO)
|Products||Landline telephony, mobile telephony, broadband, gas, electricity.|
|Revenue||£740.3 million (2017)|
|£42.2 million (2017)|
|£30.4 million (2017)|
Telecom Plus PLC is a multi-utility supplier based in the United Kingdom. It supplies gas, electricity, landline, broadband and mobile services to residences and businesses. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The company uses a multi-level marketing model to recruit customers and distributors.
The Company was founded in 1996 as a telecommunications business. Its first product, launched in 1997, was a least cost call routing 'Smart Box', a gadget that plugs into a phone socket and then routes the calls to alternative networks at a cheaper rate than British Telecom. In 2017 the company sold its 20% stake in Opus Energy to Drax Group.
The company has two activities:
- Utility Warehouse operates a full landline telephony service, mobile telephony (as an MVNO on the EE network), broadband, gas and electricity (the company is licensed by OFGEM) and a pre-paid VISA card (a CashBack card).
- Telecommunications Management Limited operates a full landline telephony service to small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) customers, as well as operating the 1pMobile consumer MVNO.
- "Annual Results 2017" (PDF). Telecom Plus. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- Jones, Rupert (4 December 2009). "Utility Warehouse under the spotlight". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 June 2016.
- "Sunday Times - Rich List". timesonline.co.uk. Archived from the original on 22 May 2011. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Telecom Plus sells stake in energy business to Drax Group for £71m - Agile Energy Recovery Ltd". Agileenergy.net. 2017-02-10. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- Macalister, Terry; Jennifer Rankin (20 November 2013). "RWE npower supply sale raises fears over UK withdrawal". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "TML - About us". Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "1p mobile". Retrieved 1 March 2018.
|This article about a retailer in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|