Solomon Islands S-League
|Number of teams||9|
|Level on pyramid||2|
|League cup(s)||Championship Series|
|International cup(s)||Champions League|
|Current champions||Western United F.C.
|Most championships||Koloale FC (4 times)|
|2014–15 Telekom S-League|
The Solomon Islands S-League (or the Telekom S-League for sponsorship reasons) is the top division of the Solomon Islands Football Federation. It was previously known as the Solomon Islands National Club Championship and was founded in 2003. The inaugural season with the new name was in 2011. There also is Telekom S League U16 Boys.
- 1 Format
- 2 History
- 3 Teams
- 4 Championship Winners
- 5 Topscorers
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The teams play a double round robin to decide the S-League champion. All teams of the league also play a knockout tournament after the season, the Championship Series. The winners of both competitions play a two legged playoff for a place in the OFC Champions League. Both titles are awarded with a $150,000 price. Should a team win both competitions, it is automatically qualified for the Champions league.
Club Championship (2003-2011)
The Solomon Islands S-League was founded in 2003 where Koloale FC won the Club Championship. They would have the National Club Championship up until 2010 where they introduced the S-League.
Telekom S-League (2011-present)
In 2011 the competition was renamed to S-League. Eleven teams applied for eight places in the initial season, namely Marist, Koloale, KOSSA, Solomon Warriors, Makuru, Northern United, Central United and Hana from Honiara; Western United from Western Province, Sokamora from Makira Ulawa Province and Fasi Roos from Malaita Province. The clubs whose applications were accepted by the Solomon Islands Football Federation finally were: Marist, Koloale, KOSSA, Solomon Warriors, Makuru, Hana, Western United and Fasi Roos.
The Inaugural S-League season 2011 was won by Koloale FC.
Teams for the 2014-15 season.
- Hana (Honiara)
- Koloale FC Honiara (Honiara)
- Kossa FC (Honiara)
- Malaita Kingz FC (Malaita)
- Marist Fire FC (Honiara)
- Real Kakamora FC (Makira-Ulawa)
- Solomon Warriors (Honiara)
- Western United (Western)
- X-Beam (Honiara)
Solomon Islands National Club Championship/Telekom S-League
Previous winners of the league are:
:Note: As of the 2010-11 season, they had the final series. Every season before that only had no final series.
- 2003-04: Koloale FC
- 2004-05: Central Realas
- 2005-06: Marist FC
- 2006-07: Kossa FC
- 2007-08: Koloale FC
- 2008-09: Marist FC
- 2009-10: Koloale FC
- 2010-11: Koloale FC
- 2011-12: Solomon Warriors FC
- 2013-14: Solomon Warriors FC
- 2014-15: Western United F.C.
Final Series Titles
|2003-04|| Batram Suri
|2011-12||Benjamin Totori||Koloale FC||23|
- "Koloale are S-League champions". OFC. 12 May 2011. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- "Telekom S-League kicks off Saturday". Solomon Islands Football Federation. 10 February 2011. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "NSL Media Statement". Solomon Islands Football Federation. 5 January 2011. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Solomon Islands - List of champions". RSSSF. 2011.
- "Koloale qualify for third O-League". SIFF. 16 June 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- S-League wraps up with awards ceremony - OFC