|Origin||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Alternative rock, Indie pop|
|Associated acts||Pete and the Pirates, Tap Tap|
Teleman is an English indie pop band formed in London in 2012. The group consists of Thomas Sanders (vocals, guitar), Jonny Sanders (synths), Pete Cattermoul (bass) and Hiro Amamiya (drums). Cattermoul and the Sanders brothers were previously members of the indie pop band Pete and the Pirates. Thomas Sanders has also recorded music under his solo name, Tap Tap.
Following the disbandment of Pete and the Pirates in 2012, three of the band's members started writing and recording new music under the name Teleman, adding drummer Hiro Amamiya. The band's name derived from seeing an album in a charity shop by composer Georg Philipp Telemann.
Teleman's debut single Cristina was released in early 2013, with the debut album Breakfast coming in mid-2014, produced by Bernard Butler. Further singles from the album included "23 Floors Up", "Skeleton Dance" and "Mainline". "Lady Low" from the record featured Stephen Black on saxophone. The band toured supporting Suede, Metronomy, Maximo Park, Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand, and appeared in festivals including Glastonbury, Green Man, End of the Road and Les Inrocks.
In 2014 and 2015 Teleman toured extensively in Europe and in the US while preparing to record their second album. They released the stand-alone single "Strange Combinations" in March 2015. 
In 2016, they opened for Belle and Sebastian on tour.
The band have been championed by radio presenter Marc Riley, who booked them for a session on his BBC 6 Music show as early as January 2013. Two further sessions were recorded in 2014. They also appeared on his BBC Online music show "All Shook Up" in 2015. They also played four songs live in session on Marc Riley's show on April 6, 2016. 
- Strange Combinations (single, 2015) 
- "Teleman Interview | Farah Blog". Farah.co.uk. 2015-03-18. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- Segal, Victoria (6 February 2014). "Teleman: Reinventing English Art-Rock". Wondering Sound.
- Valish, Frank (25 October 2013). "Teleman - A New Beginning". Under the Radar Magazine.
- "VMP Interview with Teleman". Vinyl Me, Please. 8 June 2015.
- Goodman, Jessica (20 March 2015). "Listen: Teleman - "Strange Combinations" (Premiere)". The Line of Best Fit.
- Day, Laurence (9 February 2016). "Teleman unleash wild new single "Düsseldorf", confirm Oscar and NZCA Lines as UK/EU tour supports". The Line of Best Fit.
- Parkin, Chris (31 March 2016). "Tune into an exclusive session from Teleman". RedBull.
- BBC 6 Music - Marc Riley, Teleman at BBC Programmes
- All Shook Up - Teleman, Sauna Youth, Sara Lowes at BBC Programmes
- BBC 6 Music - Marc Riley, Teleman, 4/6/2016 at BBC Programmes
- on YouTube