|Founded||24 January 2006|
|Headquarters||Warwick, United Kingdom|
|Mark Plato, Chief executive officer|
|Products||Communication and I.T. systems services|
|Revenue||£401 million GBP (2016)|
Number of employees
|Approximately 2,000 2016|
telent is a British radio, telecommunication, and Internet systems installation and services provision company. The company was formed in 2006 from the United Kingdom and German services businesses of Marconi Corporation (formerly General Electric Company) which had not been acquired by Ericsson. Companies with "Marconi" in their name can trace their ultimate origins, through mergers and takeovers, to The Marconi Company Ltd., founded by Guglielmo Marconi in 1897 as The Wireless Telegraph & Signal Company.
The company was formed in January 2006 from the UK and German services businesses of Marconi Corporation, following Ericsson's acquisition of key assets. In May 2007 telent announced its move from Coventry to Warwick opus 40 business park.
In November 2007 telent was purchased by the Pension Corporation; the following month its shares were delisted and telent became a private company.
In 2008 telent made various acquisitions, including intelligent traffic systems group TSEU in March, leading communications infrastructure provider, the Alan Campbell Group, in July and telecoms service provider Premises Networks in September.
The company provides a range of network and communications services to several industries, including enterprise software systems, emergency services communications and logistics, integrated warehouse logistics systems and rail and metro systems.
The company has many operational sites within the UK and Ireland, including at Chorley in Lancashire, Warwick, Camberley in Surrey, Harbour Exchange in London, and Dublin.
A team of telecom engineers provide support and new features development for the old TDM System X network used by BT, Virgin Media, Kingston Communications, Vodafone, and Gibtelecom.
- Andy Hutson (23 June 2008). "telent moves to its new HQ in Warwick". Coventry Telegraph. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- Pension trustees protest after £400m Telent sale Archived 18 October 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "telent buys TSEU Group". Traffictechnologytoday.com. 3 March 2008. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "telent acquires Alan Campbell Group". Highbeam.com. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
- "telent acquires telecom services provider". Scientificblogging.com. 23 September 2008. Retrieved 17 September 2011.